8 Replies Latest reply on Jun 4, 2018 4:05 PM by forest knutsen

ARCFM8 user ArcFM properties error in ArcCatalog

forest knutsen

I am getting an error when the ARCFM8 user opens the ArcFM properties in ArcCatalog. The I have not noticed the problem when logged in as sde or as myself with osa credentials.

All of the mm system are present in the database. ARCFM8 has proper privileges on the mm system tables. I tested select, update, insert, and delete with pl/sql developer for ARCFM8 on mm_system_persist_info. I was able to do all operations and then roll them back. What else can I check to help resolve this issue?

• Re: ARCFM8 user ArcFM properties error in ArcCatalog
          David Miller

Who owns the version you're running the table creation on?  Is the version public or protected?

forest knutsen

David Miller wrote:

Who owns the version you're running the table creation on? Is the version public or protected?

When we first set up the mm system tables?

All versions are public. My coworker set up the system tables. From her notes it looks like this was done before anything was versioned, so it was default with sde as the owner.

David Miller

Ok, we're set up the same way: SDE owns the system tables and ARCFM8 owns the data.

Does ARCFM8 have the same rights to all the MM system tables?  Because the update doesn't just occur to the MM_SYSTEM_PERSIST_INFO table, even if that's what the error message is telling you.

forest knutsen

It looks okay to me... This is what we have for the ARCFM8 user for table grants... (could not get the syntax highlighter to work right in chrome)

grant select, insert, update, delete on MM_CLASS_MODELNAMES to ARCFM8;
                      grant select, insert, update, delete on MM_DESIGNER_CU to ARCFM8;
                      grant select, insert, update, delete on MM_DESIGNER_FEAT to ARCFM8;
                      grant select, insert, update, delete on MM_DOCUMENTS to ARCFM8;
                      grant select, insert, update, delete on MM_FIELD_MODELNAMES to ARCFM8;
                      grant select, insert, update, delete on MM_HIDDEN_PACKAGES to ARCFM8;
                      grant select, insert, update, delete on MM_PACKAGES to ARCFM8;
                      grant select, insert, update, delete on MM_PAGE_TEMPLATES to ARCFM8;
                      grant select, insert, update, delete on MM_PERSIST_INFO to ARCFM8;
                      grant select, insert, update, delete on MM_SNAPPING to ARCFM8;
                      grant select, insert, update, delete on MM_SYSTEM_DOCUMENTS to ARCFM8;
                      grant select, insert, update, delete on MM_SYSTEM_PACKAGES to ARCFM8;
                      grant select, insert, update, delete on MM_SYSTEM_PAGE_TEMPLATES to ARCFM8;
                      grant select, insert, update, delete on MM_SYSTEM_PERSIST_INFO to ARCFM8;
                      grant select, insert, update, delete on MM_SYSTEM_STORED_DISPLAYS to ARCFM8;

David Miller

Is that all you have for MM Tables? What version of ArcFM are you on?

I see the following tables missing:

MM_EDITED_FEATURES (I think this table showed up at 10.1...I'm on 10.2.1)

MM_MOBILE_IMPORT_ORDER (I also think this showed up around 10.1)

MM_QAQC

MM_STORED_DISPLAYS

If you want to see what tables ArcFM auto creates, just create an empty GDB and run the table creation tool.  It won't create the DESIGNER tables, since that is a separate tool, but the rest come with the out of the box tool and you don't have a choice of what it creates/doesn't create.  This is me speculating: if ARCFM8 can't see all the tables it is expecting, it's going to throw the warning about running the table creation tool.

forest knutsen

We are setting up 10.2.1. We are copping data over from a 10.1 environment. I do in fact have the tables you listed. I granted them to ARCFM8. But it is still not happy with me. It is a little weird because the user looks the same in 10.1 and it works fine there... Maybe it is getting the privileges from a role...

select t.OWNER, t.TABLE_NAME from dba_tables t

where t.OWNER = 'SDE' and t.TABLE_NAME like 'MM\_%' escape '\'

order by 2

OWNERTABLE_NAME
                              SDEMM_CLASS_MODELNAMES
                              SDEMM_CU_ATTRIBUTES
                              SDEMM_CU_DOMAINFILTER
                              SDEMM_CU_EXTENDED_DATA
                              SDEMM_CU_LIBRARY
                              SDEMM_CU_LIBRARY_2014_07_03
                              SDEMM_CU_SEARCH_XML
                              SDEMM_CU_SYS_PALETTES_XML
                              SDEMM_DESIGNER_CU
                              SDEMM_DESIGNER_FEAT