3 Replies Latest reply on May 18, 2018 5:45 AM by Ken Gerhardt

Capacitor Band Controller Application

Ken Gerhardt

I'm looking for a few case studies on usage of the Capacitor Bank Controller Application on the SAGE 3414 product.  Is there anyone successfully implementing and using the application (particularly at the distribution substation level)?  Is this a widely used application, or is it just used in a few specific situations?  Any known issues or failure situations?  I'd appreciate any feedback on specifics from any other's who have successfully implemented the application to automate Cap Bank Control.  Thanks in advance.

• Re: Capacitor Band Controller Application
          Chris Kerr

Hi Ken,

Sorry for the Delay with this question.  I'm getting feedback from some of the guys on our team about customers who have used the application in the past. I will send you more information about this soon.

• Re: Capacitor Band Controller Application
            Chris Kerr

Hi Ken,

I spoke with a couple of colleagues and found out a couple of places which use the Cap Bank Controller App extensively.

The original application was written to the specifications provided by Progress Energy.  The person who actually wrote the functional specs is now an employee for Schneider Electric. Progress Energy used this application extensively and was very reliable.

Another customer who used and loved the application was Great River Energy.  Dean Lopez worked with one of their engineers to add some functionality which allowed them to use the application to control a device which was serially connected on a slow link.  Once that change was implemented, they had no problems with the application. 

I can try to get you in contact with the people from Progress or Great River who used the application if they are willing to speak with you.  Keep in mind that it has been a while since we have been in contact so it might take some time to track them down.

Often times, we do not have visibility as to which customers use which applications, so there are probably other customers that we are just not aware of.

I hope that helps.