1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 24, 2018 9:35 AM by Samuel Tregillus

ArcFM Auto Angle Setter Issue

Maher Assi

Is there a way to change the angle that the ArcFM auto angle setter sets?

The documentation says that the Auto Angle Setter AU automatically rotates point feature by the same angle of linear feature to which it is snapped. This autoupdater works only with networked features.

I have a horizontal line which is supposed to be having angle 0. I create new point feature having this AU and it sets the point feature's angle to 90!!

Is there any explanation to this?!

Changing the rotation style from Geographic to Arithmetic solve the problem.

The only thing that worked was changing the symbol's rotation to 90, but this makes my symbols look ugly in the table of contents and in legends.

Regards

• Re: ArcFM Auto Angle Setter Issue
          Samuel Tregillus

Hi Maher,

Unfortunately there is no way to change the value that the Auto Angle Setter AU sets. You have to either configure your symbology so that the rotation makes sense, or you could write your own autoupdater to have the behavior that you desire.

We actually have the code for the Auto Angle Setter AU available as sample code!  You can view this sample here:

Sample - Attribute Autoupdater: Simple Auto Angle Setter

The code for this should be pretty simple to get how you would like it.  However, this would require that you register the custom AU on all of your client machines.

Regards,

Sam Tregillus