3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 6, 2017 9:58 AM by Maher Assi

ArcFM Template problem

Maher Assi

Greetings,

I was creating system page templates. I have created 4 templates and everything was fine.

I then wanted to change an image in the template, and after I tried to save the template I got an error "Attempted to read or write protected memory".

After that all my system templates are gone in ArcMap, along with the containing folder.

I can still see the templates in the MM_SYSTEM_PAGE_TEMPLATES table, but I don't have access to them in ArcMap.

Is there a solution to this problem? Can I retrieve my templates while they still exist in the tables?

The error log is:

************** Exception Text **************

System.AccessViolationException: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.

at Miner.Interop.IMMStoredItem.Open()

at Miner.FrameworkUI.StoredItems.StoredItemEditHelper.OpenWithValidation(IMMStoredItem storedItem, StoredItemEditor editor)

at Miner.FrameworkUI.StoredItemsCommand.DropDownTreeControl_StoredItemSelected(Object sender, StoredItemUiEventArgs e)

at Miner.FrameworkUI.StoredItems.StoredItemControl.DropDownForm_StoredItemSelected(Object sender, StoredItemUiEventArgs e)

at Miner.FrameworkUI.StoredItems.TabbedTreeForm.OnStoredItemSelected(IMMStoredItem item)

at Miner.FrameworkUI.StoredItems.TabbedTreeForm.ItemTree_NodeMouseDoubleClick(Object sender, TreeNodeMouseClickEventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.TreeView.OnNodeMouseDoubleClick(TreeNodeMouseClickEventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.TreeView.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Message was edited by: Maher Assi

• Re: ArcFM Template problem
          Cory Williams

Hi Maher,

Sorry to ask some silly questions, but;

• Have you tried restarting ArcMap?
          • Can you still see them in the Create and Edit Favorites in the ArcFM Solution Toolbar in ArcCatalog? (if so, make a backup from here to an XML file just to be safe -- I would recommend doing this on a regular basis, in case of any user 'error').
          • Can anyone else see them?
          • Is the favorites pane just "black" (if so, I've had to re-install ArcMap/ArcFM before to get around this)

Cheers,

C

Maher Assi

Dear Cory,

Sorry for late reply I tried most of those but it didnt work.

Cheers

Maher Assi

I figured out the cause of this problem.

I was grouping the data frame with other items in the layout view. This is the reason why I was getting the error. Maybe because ArcFM was trying to save the grouped data frame to the database which is not possible.

Keynote: do not group the data frame with other layout elements if you want to save them as ArcFM page templates.