3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 6, 2017 2:24 PM by Melia Brush

Something like Location Editor for Conduit System

Fulvio Giungato

Hi guys,

first of all, I am not sure I am posting in the right section (may be the ArcFM one is more suitable).

Anyway, I have a customer using Fiber Manager and Conduit Manager. In particular, he created some Conduit Favorites he'd like to use. He has already line features with no attributes and he imported them starting from some shapefiles. Now, he'd like to use his favorites to populate in particular the CONFIGURATION field of the ducts. Is there any way to make it simple and fast?

Thanks in advance

• Re: Something like Location Editor for Conduit System
          Melia Brush

GIS Support

Fulvio,

There isn't a way currently to transfer settings from a favorite to an existing conduit feature.  However, the user could select all the conduit features that should have the same duct configuration and use ArcFM Mass Attribute Update to set the configuration attribute, as well as any other desired attributes.  That configuration would then apply to all the selected conduit features.

Fulvio Giungato

Hi Melia, thanks for replying... the easiest way is the one I didn't try!!!

Anyway, I am using:

ArcGIS Desktop: 10.2.1

ArcFM: 10.2.1b

GeoDB: Minerville 10.2.1c

I created two test-conduits and I tried to use the Mass Attribute Update command but I receive these errors:

Error-MAU.jpeg

Once this happens I can't use the Selection Tab of the Attribute Editor. A right click makes this error showing:

Error-MAU2.jpeg

In the OS Event Viewer I found these messages:

[1] ERROR [(null)] - mmUlsFrameworkUI: frmULSEdit.frm.Form_Load: 91 : Object variable or With block variable not set Error at line: 2145 - Build: 10.21.1854 {log4net:HostName=vmgeowebiis, log4net:UserName=VMGEOWEBIIS\fgiungato, LoggingAssemblyFileVersion=10.21.20.1854, log4net:Identity=}

[1] ERROR [(null)] - Miner & Miner ListItem TreeView Control: MMListTree.CreateInternalTree: Automation error Error at line: 2192 - Build: 10.21.1854 {log4net:HostName=vmgeowebiis, log4net:UserName=VMGEOWEBIIS\fgiungato, LoggingAssemblyFileVersion=10.21.20.1854, log4net:Identity=}

[1] ERROR [(null)] - Miner & Miner ListItem TreeView Control: MMListTree.UserControl_Show: MMListTree.CreateInternalTree: Automation error Error at line: 2192 - Build: 10.21.1854 Error at line: 2576 - Build: 10.21.1854 {log4net:HostName=vmgeowebiis, log4net:UserName=VMGEOWEBIIS\fgiungato, LoggingAssemblyFileVersion=10.21.20.1854, log4net:Identity=}

Thanks again,

Fulvio

Melia Brush

Fulvio,

In discussion with some GIS Support people, because the Configuration field is a BLOB it may not cooperate as well with ArcFM tools.   However, I was able to get Mass Attribute Editor to run successfully on the Configuration field for several conduits in the Minervile PGDB (10.2.1c).  The first thing that concerns me in your information about is that you are using 10.2.1c data on a 10.2.1b ArcFM software installation - that is not normally supported.  Perhaps try again with a 10.2.1b pgdb?  If that does not work, you could open a ticket with support.