7 Replies Latest reply on Jan 30, 2017 6:24 AM by Steve Maskol

ArcFM Viewer for ArcGIS Engine 10.2 C++ Runtime Library Error on Zoom In

Steve Maskol

One of our ArcFM users is getting a C++ error on his laptop when using stored displays in ArcFM Viewer for ArcGIS Engine. It is a Windows 7 laptop. ArcGIS 10.2 is installed. The ArcFM Viewer for ArcGIS Engine is part of the ArcFM Solution 10.2.265.

Opening ArcFM Viewer and selecting a stored display works fine. Zooming in passed a certain extent in the stored display is what usually brings up the error. There doesn't seem to be a specific extent that throws the error and it does not happen all of the time. I've included an attachment of a screen shot of the error. It is an error with the Visual C++ Runtime Library, R6034: An Application has made an attempt to load the C runtime library incorrectly. When you click OK on the error window you can pan and zoom around the stored display as if nothing happened.  Closing ArcFM Viewer, reopening to a stored display and zooming in can cause the error to reappear. The C++ error does not always pop up but more often than not it will.

I've tried repairing the ArcFM Viewer and also reinstalling but that did not help. I also uninstalled and reinstalled the ArcGIS software. This did not help either. The error message continues to appear in ArcFM Viewer.

Has anyone encountered this before with ArcFM Viewer? Is there a fix? Thank you for your help.