12 Replies Latest reply on Jan 6, 2017 2:04 PM by tharris

Back Port Not Connected?

Jon Hradsky

I am trying to create a connection from my fiber cable to a device. I have a single blue strand connected as follows:

DevPort => FrontPort

BackPort => Fiber Cable

When I try to run a fiber trace, I get an error telling me that BackPort had nothing connected to it. As far as I can tell, it isn't possible to connect the FrontPort to the BackPort (if they are connected to other things) because it is assumed a FrontPort connects to a BackPort. Am I missing something? I should also mention that the fiber cable is connected as shown above on both ends; it runs from a device to a device.

Thanks!

• Re: Back Port Not Connected?

Hello Jon,

I suspect the implied connections may not be configured quite right. I would check the following, including possible typos on model names. There are (object) model names assigned to the whole object like F_BackSidePort. There are also field model names assigned to specific fields.

F_BacksidePort

assign model name SUPPORTSSELFCONNECTION

assign model name FIBERIMPLIEDCONNECTIONDESTINATION

assign field model name FIBERIMPLIEDCONNECTIONSOURCEGUID

assign field model name FIBERIMPLIEDALIGNMENT to PortNumber field

F_FrontSidePort

assign model name SUPPORTSSELFCONNECTION

assign model name FIBERIMPLIEDCONNECTIONSOURCE

assign field model name FIBERIMPLIEDALIGNMENT to PortNumber field

I find screenshots helpful, here is how it looks in our sample Minerville data in ArcCatalog, Model Names tab. If you don't use ArcFM Designer ignore DESIGNUNIT or DESIGNID.

F_BackSidePort

F_FRONTSIDEPORT

I hope this is helpful.

- Terri Harris, ArcFM Support

• Re: Back Port Not Connected?

Hi Jon,

I have created case 43392 for this issue. Let me know if you have any trouble finding or replying to the case itself.