3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 6, 2016 2:57 PM by Dan Stark

IsaGraf issues

Kelvin Wilkes

When trying to start the IsaGraf software to edit the RLL logic we use in some of our RTUs, I keep getting an error message that says 'Impossible to load Patch.txt file'. I'm not sure what file this error is referencing and I have not seen it before. I am running the software on Windows XP. Has anyone else had this issue and if so, what did you do to resolve it?

• Re: IsaGraf issues
          Dan Stark

Kevin, the file "patch.txt" is contained in the ISaGRAF installation folder on your PC.  On my XP laptop, it is installed in "C:\Program Files\ICS Triplex ISaGRAF\ISaGRAF\BIN". Most likely the file is missing or corrupt in some way. 

You should check to see if it exists and if so, see if you can open it in a text editor.  If you have another PC with the same version of ISaGRAF installed, you may try to get the file from it and compare the file using the FC utility (cmd fc /b file1 file2)  to see if the one on your PC is corrupt.  If it is missing or corrupt, you may want to install a fresh copy of ISaGRAF as you may have other files missing or corrupt as well.

Kelvin Wilkes

Thanks Dan. I am able to open the patch.txt file and I don't have another PC with ISaGRAF installed on it. Do you have any other suggestions on what I can do to check the file to be corrupt or even obtaining another copy of patch.txt? I also tried un-installing and re-installing the ISaGRAF software but the problem persists.

Dan Stark

Kelvin,  one more thing that may cause problems is incorrect is that the file may have incorrect permissions or folders in the path leading to the file may not have correct permissions.  You may have to get your IT group involved to figure out the problem.

Is there more than one account that is used on the PC to run ISaGRAF in the past?  Can you try a different user/password combination?

Has anything else been changed on the PC that could have caused a change in the settings for the account you are using?

What version of ISaGRAF are you using?