6 Replies Latest reply on Nov 1, 2016 2:39 PM by David Miller

fiber manager upgrade

Charles Rowe

Fiber manager Upgrade -Activation error occured while trying to get instance of type ICircuitFinderFactory, key ""

I get this error when I try to run connection manager.  I understand there are some schema changes that must be made but I can not get to the form to get them.

• Re: fiber manager upgrade
          David Miller

Charles,

What are you upgrading from and which version are you upgrading to?  What steps have you taken for the upgrade so far?  What does the Miner event log say?

I ran into some problems with the upgrade myself, but Tim Szekely from SE tech support got me straightened out.  So I might be able to help you out some.

• Re: fiber manager upgrade
              Charles Rowe

Our fiber manager project had been on the back burner for a while and as usual it suddenly became a priority.  In the meantime we had upgraded from 10.2.1 to 10.2.1c.  I tried to run the connection manager and got the error message.  I punted right there and started researching to see what was up.  The only other change is our server was virtualized which should not make a difference but you never know.

2016-10-31 14:53:05,821  ERROR Miner.Desktop.FiberManager.ConnectionManager  - Microsoft.Practices.ServiceLocation.ActivationException: Activation error occured while trying to get instance of type ICircuitFinderFactory, key "" ---> Microsoft.Practices.Unity.ResolutionFailedException: Resolution of the dependency failed, type = "Miner.Framework.FiberManager.ICircuitFinderFactory", name = "". Exception message is: The current build operation (build key Build Key[Miner.Framework.FiberManager.CircuitFinderFactory, null]) failed: The parameter circuitTableRepo could not be resolved when attempting to call constructor Miner.Framework.FiberManager.CircuitFinderFactory(Miner.Framework.FiberManager.DataAccess.CircuitTableRepository circuitTableRepo, Miner.Framework.FiberManager.DataAccess.CircuitComponentsTableRepository circuitCompsTableRepo). (Strategy type BuildPlanStrategy, index 3) ---> Microsoft.Practices.ObjectBuilder2.BuildFailedException: The current build operation (build key Build Key[Miner.Framework.FiberManager.CircuitFinderFactory, null]) failed: The parameter circuitTableRepo could not be resolved when attempting to call constructor Miner.Framework.FiberManager.CircuitFinderFactory(Miner.Framework.FiberManager.DataAccess.CircuitTableRepository circuitTableRepo, Miner.Framework.FiberManager.DataAccess.CircuitComponentsTableRepository circuitCompsTableRepo). (Strategy type BuildPlanStrategy, index 3) ---> System.InvalidOperationException: The parameter circuitTableRepo could not be resolved when attempting to call constructor Miner.Framework.FiberManager.CircuitFinderFactory(Miner.Framework.FiberManager.DataAccess.CircuitTableRepository circuitTableRepo, Miner.Framework.FiberManager.DataAccess.CircuitComponentsTableRepository circuitCompsTableRepo). ---> Microsoft.Practices.ObjectBuilder2.BuildFailedException: The current build operation (build key Build Key[Miner.Framework.FiberManager.DataAccess.CircuitTableRepository, null]) failed: No field with model name  found on table  (Strategy type BuildPlanStrategy, index 3) ---> System.InvalidOperationException: No field with model name  found on table

at Miner.Framework.FiberManager.RowConvertor.GetFieldNameFromModelName(IObjectClass objectClass, String modelName)

at Miner.Framework.FiberManager.RowConvertor.GetFieldNameFromModelName(ITable table, String name)

at Miner.Framework.FiberManager.DataAccess.FiberTableRepository.GetFieldDomain(ModelName modelName)

at Miner.Framework.FiberManager.DataAccess.CircuitTableRepository..ctor(ITable table, RowConvertor rowConvertor)

at BuildUp_Miner.Framework.FiberManager.DataAccess.CircuitTableRepository(IBuilderContext )

at Microsoft.Practices.ObjectBuilder2.DynamicMethodBuildPlan.BuildUp(IBuilderContext context)

at Microsoft.Practices.ObjectBuilder2.BuildPlanStrategy.PreBuildUp(IBuilderContext context)

at Microsoft.Practices.ObjectBuilder2.StrategyChain.ExecuteBuildUp(IBuilderContext context)

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at Microsoft.Practices.ObjectBuilder2.StrategyChain.ExecuteBuildUp(IBuilderContext context)

at Microsoft.Practices.Unity.ObjectBuilder.NamedTypeDependencyResolverPolicy.Resolve(IBuilderContext context)

at BuildUp_Miner.Framework.FiberManager.CircuitFinderFactory(IBuilderContext )

at Microsoft.Practices.ObjectBuilder2.DynamicMethodConstructorStrategy.ThrowForResolutionFailed(Exception inner, String parameterName, String constructorSignature, IBuilderContext context)

at BuildUp_Miner.Framework.FiberManager.CircuitFinderFactory(IBuilderContext )

at Microsoft.Practices.ObjectBuilder2.DynamicMethodBuildPlan.BuildUp(IBuilderContext context)

at Microsoft.Practices.ObjectBuilder2.BuildPlanStrategy.PreBuildUp(IBuilderContext context)

at Microsoft.Practices.ObjectBuilder2.Builder.BuildUp(IReadWriteLocator locator, ILifetimeContainer lifetime, IPolicyList policies, IStrategyChain strategies, Object buildKey, Object existing)

at Microsoft.Practices.Unity.UnityContainer.DoBuildUp(Type t, Object existing, String name)

at Microsoft.Practices.Unity.UnityContainer.DoBuildUp(Type t, Object existing, String name)

at Microsoft.Practices.Unity.UnityContainer.Resolve(Type t, String name)

at Miner.Composition.UnityContainerLocator.DoGetInstance(Type serviceType, String key)

at Microsoft.Practices.ServiceLocation.ServiceLocatorImplBase.GetInstance(Type serviceType, String key)

at Microsoft.Practices.ServiceLocation.ServiceLocatorImplBase.GetInstance(Type serviceType, String key)

at Microsoft.Practices.ServiceLocation.ServiceLocatorImplBase.GetInstance[TService]()

at Miner.Desktop.FiberManager.ConnectionManager.ShowConnectionManager(IFeature feature)

at Miner.Desktop.FiberManager.ConnectionManager.OnMouseDown(Int32 Button, Int32 Shift, Int32 X, Int32 Y)

Any help is appreciated.

Chuck