3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 24, 2016 3:09 PM by Neil Batchelor

Publishing to an Arcserver

Trudi Alleyne

I am trying to publish arcfm objects to an arcserver using an arcfm object reader. Currently, we have no arcFM server. I am wondering if you would be able to get feature access to the arcFM objects which would allow me to update object information and to Synchronize. Is this possible?

• Re: Publishing to an Arcserver
          Neil Batchelor

Hi Trudi, you are able to use the feature sync capability while using the ArcFM Object reader with ArcGIS Server.  However, without using ArcFM Server or ArcFM Services, you will not be able to accurately update or create new features because our custom geo-objects can not be correctly interpreted by ArcGIS Server and we will not be able to fire autoupdaters and read the appropriate model names.

Thanks,

Neil

Dave Magee, Brian Bell, Brenda Stephan

Trudi Alleyne

Neil,

Just to be clear, I do not intend to be creating or editing any of the model names or autoupdaters that exist. I would just like to sync to and update the existing  fields from an outside source over the web. Would I need the ArcFM server to sync to and update existing fields over the web?

Thanks,

Trudi

Neil Batchelor

Hi Trudi,

Without ArcFM Server applied to that service, autoupdaters won't fire, so you won't have Feeder IDs updating, you won't have labels updating properly and you won't have any of your custom business rules firing off when you update a feature through the web.  ArcFM Server allows those autoupdaters to run in a services-based environment.  It's not about editing the model names and AUs, it's about properly keeping your data up to date and matching your business rules.