5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 10, 2016 4:43 PM by Nicholas Wanke

Next Nearest Incident

Dick Gunton

After a couple of big storms, it has been asked if there is possibly a button that can be made in arcmap or that already exists that can find the next nearest unassigned incident. This request comes from the operators/dispatchers...

"Can a toolbar button be created for us to click a location and it find the nearest incident from responder? Maybe an incident that is not assigned."

• Re: Next Nearest Incident
          Nicholas Wanke

There is nothing for this OOTB in Responder, but it's a great idea.  Could you create this (and vote on it) as an Idea in the Responder -> Ideas space?

Responder Ideas

Darris Friend

I am going to write a python add-in button that will perform this action. I see that the Incident_Devices and Incident _Features table have x & y fields. Do any other tables exist that I need to search against to find Incidents based on a map click event?

Nicholas Wanke

Rx_Hazards and Rx_Jumpers are other tables that contain other incident sub-records that could be on the map.  Other possibilities would be Rx_Loadpoints or Rx_Calls, depending on how you want this tool to search.

Darris Friend

Thanks. To do this in arcpy with the simplicity of a python add-in, do you think the following steps will provide the necessary results defined above?

• Create a polygon feature in a scratch gdb, or in-memory, using the current map extent
                    • Create a point feature class (in a scratch gdb or in-memory) from each of the Responder tables that has an XY field
                    • Select the points that are within the polygon
                    • Obtain the IncidentID associated with the point(s) that is/are selected
                    • Verify status of the Incident (assigned, unassigned, closed) by searching for the IncidentID(s) in both RX_Crew_Assignments & RX_Crew_Assigments_History