3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 28, 2016 8:30 AM by John Gilmore

Sage 2000 changes

John Gilmore

I notice on our most recent Sage 2000 baseboard delivery that there have been a few new changes (aside from the color and ADC circuitry):

1. The heat sink / cover over the power regulator has been removed

2. The (unused) HSPCI terminal block, TB6, has been removed from the upper right corner

3. The logo has been changed and relocated from the center of the board to where TB6 used to be

These are all relatively minor, but I need to ask if other hardware changes have been made since switching to the red boards that I may have missed?

• Re: Sage 2000 changes
          Chris Kerr

Hi John,

These are the hardware changes made between the Green and Red SAGE 2000 baseboards:

• By far the biggest change from the Last Revision of the Green board (REV-L) to the Red board (REV-N, Production) is the A/D converter.  This is the only thing that is not transparent in the firmware.

Other changes were made to the board but are transparent to firmware:

• Power supply:  Changed from a single sourced triple output to two multi sourced supplies with increased current    output.  New supplies do not require the heat sink
          • Programmable Logic Chips:  The Altera programmable chips were upgraded to newer type devices as the older ones were becoming obsolete and hard to find.  With higher pin count chips, some of the circuits were combined for fewer overall programmable chips
          • Removed the 1K hz clock oscillator, single sourced and expensive, long lead time:  Generate it inside the EPLD by dividing down a higher clock. 
          • Removed the circuitry for the HSPCI counters.  This circuit was never utilized in firmware anyway.

I hope that helps.

Chris,

By far the biggest change from the Last Revision of the Green board (REV-L) to the Red board (REV-N, Production) is the A/D converter.  This is the only thing that is not transparent in the firmware.

Other changes were made to the board but are transparent to firmware:

Power supply:  Changed from a single sourced triple output to two multi sourced supplies with increased current    output.  New supplies do not require the heat sink.

Programmable Logic Chips:  The Altera programmable chips were upgraded to newer type devices as the older ones were becoming obsolete and hard to find.  With higher pin count chips, some of the circuits were combined for fewer overall programmable chips.

Removed the 1K hz clock oscillator, single sourced and expensive, long lead time:  Generate it inside the EPLD by dividing down a higher clock. 

Removed the circuitry for the HSPCI counters.  This circuit was never utilized in firmware anywa

John Gilmore

Chris,

Thank you for that information.

I'm glad to know that the missing components were not due to rough handling during installation.

This leads me to two more questions related to the Rev-N board:

1. Will the changes in the power supply and the oscillator affect the locations of the test points on the board and/or their acceptable measurements?

2. Is an up-to-date schematic and components list (similar to what's in "S2000 V3.pdf") available?

Chris Kerr

Oops,  double paste reply.