4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 25, 2016 6:18 PM by Cory Williams

Batch Plot Splice Reports?

David Booth

Is there a way to batch plot splice reports?  (or any other reports for that matter). I have 622 splices on our network, picking them one at a time to create a splice report for all is quite tedious. Thanks.

• Re: Batch Plot Splice Reports?
          Cory Williams

Hi David,

I've got a similar issue. I'm going to be building a SQL Query in the next week or so, to get a list of all splice enclosures, with all cables and what their connections (if any) are.

I have to do this for all Patch Panels too, if anyone else is interested.

My plans are to be able to dump these into an Excel spreadsheet which users are able to access, in the event of an outage to the ArcFM environment.

Is this to sort of report you're also looking at?

David Booth

Hi Cory,

Well a report like that would certainly be useful, so if you create that please let me know and I could try and adopt that for our data. This post is actually related to my other recent post about "Fiber Splice Schematics - Is anyone using them"?  I've all but abandoned trying to make use of schematics for anything I can publish or distribute to crews - they just don't work and are time-consuming to edit manually. As an alternative, I'm just going to publish a Splice Report for each enclosure and create an attachment on splice objects in ArcMap to publish this information in a map service.

-Dave

Tim Szekely

Hi David, Cory,

Thanks for the feedback, it's good to have.  Your constraints make sense, that's a similar reason to why we had created mapbooks way back when for the other utilities, to try and automate document production.  It makes sense Fiber Manager users would need something similar for reports and schematics. 

Aside from the splice report, and/or splice schematics if they worked better, are there any other documents/reports it would be helpful to automate the creation of?

Please keep the suggestions coming.  Brian Mckelvey

Cory Williams

Hi David,

at the moment, this is what I have for the Splice Enclosures as a SQL Query:

SELECT

foc.OBJECTID,

sp.SpliceEnclosureName,

foc.CableName,

bt.BufferTubeName,

bt.BufferTubeNumber,

f.FiberName,

f.FiberNumber,

bfoc.CableName,

bbt.BufferTubeName,

bbt.BufferTubeNumber,

bf.FiberName,

bf.FiberNumber

FROM

gis.FiberOpticCable_evw foc

INNER JOIN gis.SplicePoint_evw sp on foc.shape.STIntersects(sp.shape) = 1

INNER JOIN gis.F_BufferTube_evw bt on foc.GlobalID = bt.FiberParent

INNER JOIN gis.F_Fiber_evw f on bt.GlobalID = f.FiberParent

LEFT OUTER JOIN

(SELECT

AClassModelName,

AConnectionObjectGlobalID,

BClassModelName,

BConnectionObjectGlobalID,

ContainerClassModelName,

ContainerGlobalID

FROM gis.F_FiberConnectionObject_evw

WHERE ContainerClassModelName = 'SPLICEPOINT'

UNION

SELECT

BClassModelName,

BConnectionObjectGlobalID,

AClassModelName,

AConnectionObjectGlobalID,

ContainerClassModelName,

ContainerGlobalID

FROM gis.F_FiberConnectionObject_evw

WHERE ContainerClassModelName = 'SPLICEPOINT'

) fco on f.GlobalID = fco.AConnectionObjectGlobalID and sp.GlobalID = fco.ContainerGlobalID

LEFT OUTER JOIN gis.F_Fiber_evw bf on fco.BConnectionObjectGlobalID = bf.GlobalID

LEFT OUTER JOIN gis.F_BufferTube_evw bbt on bbt.GlobalID = bf.FiberParent

LEFT OUTER JOIN GIS.FiberOpticCable_evw bfoc on bfoc.GlobalID = bbt.FiberParent

ORDER BY sp.SpliceEnclosureName, foc.OBJECTID, bt.BufferTubeNumber, f.FiberNumber

This takes approx. three and a half minutes to execute on my side (returning just over 84,000 rows), without the Order By clause. If you copy that into excel, you can apply sorting there (which might be easier). But that can give you a quick 'offline' soft copy of the splice enclosure records.