1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 22, 2016 1:03 PM by Tim Szekely

Overwriting an ArcFM Map Service

Cory Williams

Hi all,

I have noticed this on multiple servers and I was wondering if anyone else has experienced the same issue?

If I have to update my Wavepoint Map Service, I login to ArcFM as I normally would, using the credentials of a service account I have setup.

I then open the MXD for the Map Service.

I make the modifications I need to, to to publish the map service by selecting Overwrite an existing service.

As I hit Analyze, I am presented with Layer's data source is not registered with the server and data will be copied to the server.

I go through to fix it (although I know that it doesn't need to as the data sources are already registered).

I then get the error:

The connection property set was missing a required property or the propety value was unrecognized. The connection property set was missing a required property or the propety value was unrecognized.

error.png

I then close the publishing window and then go through an export a Service Definition File.

This only seems to occur with ArcFM Datasets.

Has anyone else seem similar behaviour?

Cheers,

Cory

• Re: Overwriting an ArcFM Map Service
          Tim Szekely

Hi Cory,

I suspect something happens with confusion with the workspace created via ArcFM, and the one that the map layers reference, or else the format in which the connection string is assembled and the one detected for that initial workspace. 

One thing that usually works for me is to save the stored display as an .mxd (if you aren't already using an .mxd) and on starting ArcMap, cancel the ArcFM login.  Then open the .mxd file and connect to the GIS database, then once that is all set try to register the data source with the AGS when publishing.

Hope this helps -

Tim