4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 20, 2016 4:15 PM by Chris Dupont

ArcFM Data Source Wizard

Abel Daffo

We have hundreds of stored displays, documents and templates we need to change data source on after moving

to a different server.The Data Source Wizard runs for a very long time and freezes.  Is there a better way to change Data Source.

We are on version 10.2.1

• Re: ArcFM Data Source Wizard

Hi Abel,

When you run the ArcFM Data Source Wizard and get to the Select Stored Items part, you can specifically choose with items you want to change the data source.  I would start incrementally, for example, just checking the Stored Displays > System and running the tool.  Then Stored Displays > User and run the tool, etc.

Regards,
          Laurel

Abel Daffo

Hi Laurel,

That is how I have been trying.  I am stuck on 14 of 17 Stored displays the last one hour 15 min.

It also comes back with that you need to click to cancel each time.  This will not be practical

for all the change we need to make.  I was hoping there is other ways with a script or other tool.

Thanks

Chris Dupont

Hi Abel,

It's been awhile since I've used the tool (back at 10.1), but I do recall having the same problem that you did with the multiple login prompts. I believe we got around it by using sde data connections with saved credentials as our current and to-be data sources. That prevented the prompts from appearing, and I believe made the whole process (marginally) faster overall.

Again, it's been several years since I've run through this task, so maybe I'm recalling things incorrectly. But I would suggest giving that a shot and seeing how it goes.

Chris

Hi Abel,

It seems that your issue may be unique to a Store Display you have configured.  Please go ahead and create a support case (FAQ - Logging a Case - online or phone) so we can further investigate this issue and assist you.

Regards,

Laurel