14 Replies Latest reply on Jan 3, 2017 2:19 PM by Neil Etheridge

Managing Stored Displays

Jeff Garcia

Hey everyone where is the setting in the database that will allow a user to manage stored displays\templates.

• Re: Managing Stored Displays

Hi Jeff,

Please refer to the following link for further information on managing Stored Displays: ArcFM Stored Items Overview

You may need to assign users proper permissions depending on if you would like them to be able to manage System Stored Dislays, please refer to the following link for further details: How-To - ArcFM - Assign Permissions to ArcFM System Tables

Regards,

Laurel

Jeff Garcia

Laurel,

Yeah I saw those links before I posted and the mm_user & mm_admin are both applied correctly. What I'm asking is there also places with the DB (we use SQL server) that the user must have checked. The SDE DB for example and the individual have those applied as well.

James Stout

I use SQL Server as well.

Laurel is correct on the tables for stored displays and templets.

You need to assign read and write to Each

MM_System_Stored_Displays

MM_Stored_Displays

MM_Page_Templates

MM_System_Page_Templates

MM_Document

MM_System_Documents

Read privileges gives users permissiond to see the documents

Write allows users to create document.

The difference between MM_System" " and MM_" "

System wide documents created for everyone

and user documents for the use of one individual.

In ArcFM solutiondesktop see ArcFM stored items overview, ArcFM stored items manager.

Hi Jeff,

There is no specific setting in the database that would allow users to manage Stored Displays.  The ability to manage them are assigned to permissions on the tables mentioned.  Then managing those Stored Items is done with the UI.

Regards,

Laurel

Jeff Garcia

Question, if my IT group has created groups based on pre-defined users access will this affect adding permissions based on individuals unique logins. So for instance we have an editor group, admin group, viewer group that has each individuals within these groups in SQL. mm_admin & mm_user reside in these also. Will this play a part in my issue of wanting a specific user who is part of the editor group to be able to update a system stored display. I added their unique login to those tables with no luck

Hi Jeff,

I would try running a SQL Server Profiler trace to see where this is failing.

Regards,

Laurel

Neil Etheridge

This SQL snippet will verify granted permissions to the MM_SYSTEM_STORED display table:

SELECT 
                          permission_name, state_desc, type_desc, U.name, OBJECT_NAME(major_id) AS Object 
                      FROM 
                          sys.database_permissions P 
                          JOIN sys.tables T ON P.major_id = T.object_id 
                          JOIN sysusers U ON U.uid = P.grantee_principal_id
                      WHERE 
                          OBJECT_NAME(major_id) = 'MM_SYSTEM_STORED_DISPLAYS'

It will show both permissions granted to groups and individuals.

Jeff Garcia

Neil,

I was able to circle back around to this issue this morning.Thanks for the SQL query but when I ran it, it returned no rows. I didn't get an error or lack of privileges message. I just got back no rows returned. I will get one of my IT guys to run it. Does this query need to be ran on server itself? Any thoughts?

Neil Etheridge

You may need to ensure the active database is your ArcFM database.  Add a USE statement at the top of the script ... in my case the database is called Electricity.

USE Electricity
                              GO

SELECT 
                                  permission_name, state_desc, type_desc, U.name, OBJECT_NAME(major_id) AS Object 
                              FROM 
                                  sys.database_permissions P 
                                  JOIN sys.tables T ON P.major_id = T.object_id 
                                  JOIN sysusers U ON U.uid = P.grantee_principal_id
                              WHERE 
                                  OBJECT_NAME(major_id) = 'MM_SYSTEM_STORED_DISPLAYS'

Shouldn't matter where you run it from as long as you're connected to the database.

-N

Neil Etheridge

Here is a sample of the results from my database.  ARCFM_ADMINISTRATOR, ARCFM_EDITOR, ARCFM_VIEWER are my three database roles.  You would then need to verify these roles are assigned to end users.

DBPrivs.png

Edna Kanazawa

Hi Neil,

We have the same scenario happening here in our company, we need to assign specific privileges because we can not assign the dbo privilege. When we gave the dbo privilege we were able to save the stored display, but when we gave the user specific privileges to MM tables we were unable to save the stored display.

In the log we have the following message:

2017-01-02 08:26:16,823 [1] ERROR  [(null)] - Miner & Miner Packages UI:

mmPackageMgr.InternalCreatePackage

Insufficient permissions

Error at line: 1378 - Build: 10.21.3135

{log4net:HostName=guaicara, log4net:UserName=IMG\Fhenriques, LoggingAssemblyFileVersion=10.21.30.3445, log4net:Identity=}

In order to record we created an oracle database and applied the same privileges and we were able to save the stored display correctly

Do you have any tips on which privilege is missing?

Regards

Edna