3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 15, 2016 10:14 AM by mattd

Editing from a Web App

Don Jensen

I am creating a web app that will allow the user to edit geometry for lines and points.  I have the application working from localhost but when I try running directly from the server the IMMAppInitialize object returns a Class not registered error.  This object gets instantiated in the license check out procedure.  Does anyone know what I am missing here?

• Re: Editing from a Web App

Hi Don,

Without much information, it sounds like it isn't getting the license.  I'm assuming you're using a feature service published through ArcGIS Server to do the editing.  What are the configuration differences between running from localhost or directly on the server?  Are you certain that in both cases, it's pointing to the same services on the same server?  I ask because ArcFM license checkout is done when a mapservice with the ArcFM Server capability is spun up, so ideally it shouldn't matter where the web app is being run from.

GIS Support

• Re: Editing from a Web App
            Don Jensen

Thanks for the reply Matt.  It was not getting a license.  The IMMAppInitialize object was what was coming back as not registered.  Last night I actually did figure out what was going on.  It ended up being the App Pool.  The one that I was using by default did not have 32 bit apps enabled.  Once I changed to a 32 bit enabled app pool I was able to get the license and run through the code.