2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 29, 2015 5:09 PM by Sam Jenkins

Publishing ArcFM Objects to ArcGIS Map Service

Sam Jenkins

Hi,

I'm looking for some help troubleshooting some problems I'm having publishing ArcFM objects to a ArcGIS Map Service.

The errors I'm getting when I analyze my map before publishing are:

20019: Layer is being published with custom class extension, and

20022: Layer is being published with custom feature

I thought installing the ArcFM Object Reader on the Server was the key to overcoming these problems. Are there additional steps to get the ArcFM database customizations registered with the Server? If not, what next?

Additionally, I wasn't the one who installed the Object Reader on the Server, but I was assured (after some missteps) that the installation was complete. Is there a way to confirm that the Object Reader was actually installed?

Thanks for your help.

Cheers

Sam

• Re: Publishing ArcFM Objects to ArcGIS Map Service
          Juul Dijkstra

Hi Sam,

When publishing a map service from ArcMap these warning are expected as ArcGIS sees them as custom. However, they should be warnings not errors. In essence they should not prevent you from publishing the service.

Yes, installing the Object Reader on the Server allows for the ArcFM Objects to be read from the service. However, as you indicated, there is not something to say that the Object Reader is there from the client. You could try to publish a test service and consume it in a viewer where you can select a feature and inspect its attributes to see if it is working correctly.

In short, there is currently not a way to show from the publishing client that the Object Reader is installed; but the warnings are expected.

Let me know if you have any questions.

- Juul