3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 22, 2015 11:07 AM by Melia Brush

Fuse Relationship settings

Nick Apostolakis

Iam,setting,up,the,relationships,for,the,fuse,feature,class,and,by,looking,at,the,sample,GDB, there,are,attribute,fields,added,but,I,can't,seam,to,find,out,what,they,are?,Example,SupportStructure_Fuse,has,a,foreign,key,of,StructureObjectID,and,DeviceObjectID,but,in,order,to,put,theses,in,you,must,add,at,least,one,attribute,field?

I am using 9.31

• Re: Fuse Relationship settings
          Nick Apostolakis

I have previewed the relationship in ArcCatalog, and there are 2 columns in there that seem to be the attribute fields but I am unsure because the names of the columns are also the names of the foreign keys.

Nick Apostolakis

I have done some testing with a test relationship where I made some test name attribute fields and what I found out was that indeed they do show up in the preview tab as columns without the asterisk (indexed field) and that the primary foreign keys show up as indexed fields,  the attribute fields showed up in front of the RID* column and the foreign keys came after.

Am I correct in assuming this?

Melia Brush

In discussion with Nick, Stephen Pursley determined that the issue was a difference in how relationship properties are displayed in PGDBs vs. SDE GDBs.  The properties dialog in a PGDB lists the child's key info, while the properties dialog in an SDE GDB does not.  So there is no need to create unused attribute fields just to get the side effect of forcing the child's properties to appear in the properties dialog of an SDE geodatabase.