6 Replies Latest reply on Sep 2, 2015 7:28 AM by Stetson Weddle

AutoUpdater via Python

Anand Trivedi

Hello All,

I am writing to a ArcFMized SDE database via FME Workbench. In this particular case, I want the AUs to be triggered.

So, in my FME python script, I have this line in my python initializer to make sure the AUs are triggered:

au.AutoUpdaterMode = mmAutoUpdaterMode.mmAUMStandAlone

However, when I run the script I am getting the following error:

An error occurred while attempting to store a row into the table 'NISOURCE.GPS_GasMain_Point'. The error number from ArcObjects is: '-2147221164'. The error message from ArcObjects is: {}

If I disable the AutoUpdater mode by using the following then it all works fine:

au.AutoUpdaterMode = mmAutoUpdaterMode.mmAUMNoEvents

However, as the auto updaters is disabled, I do not get some of the AU fields populated.

Can you help me in setting the auto updater correctly? It does appear to be ArcFM issue as disabling the AutoUpdater works fine.

I also confirmed that AUs are indeed triggered if I manually insert the data via ArcMap.

Regards,

Anand

• Re: AutoUpdater via Python
          Stetson Weddle

Anand -

I assume you are checking out licenses in your code?  It may be that ArcFM is returning an error because there are no licenses available or have not yet been checked out.

Can you run the tool inside ArcMap to see if the AUs will fire?  You can still use the stand-alone mode if you need to.

As another test set the AUs to NoEvents to see if you still get the error.  If you still get the error, the AUs don't seem to be the problem.

Thank you,

Stetson Weddle

Technical Lead

Schneider Electric

Anand Trivedi

Hi Stetson,

Just to be clear, I am trying to do this within FME environment. Here is the test that I did:

I disabled AUs by using this line in the FME startup python script:

On running FME I get no error. It also uploads the data in the ArcFMized ESRI database - no AUs are triggered and so corresponding attributes are empty.

When I change the line to this:

au.AutoUpdaterMode = mmAutoUpdaterMode.mmAUMFeederManager

It throws this error: An error occurred while attempting to store a row into the table 'NISOURCE.GPS_GasMain_Point'. The error number from ArcObjects is: '-2147221164'. The error message from ArcObjects is: {}

I was also able to edit the same database via ArcMap and can confirm that AUs are being triggered. I was also able to disable them successfully when running  the following code via VBA

mmAUModeForArcMap.AutoUpdaterMode = mmAUMNoEvents

Regards,

Anand

Anand Trivedi

Hi Stetson,

I am also attaching the basic code that might be useful. Much of it is the boiler plate code for using ArcFM. And I am using this : app.Initialize(mmLicensedProductCode.mmLPArcFM) to checkout a license:

import arcpy, fmeobjects

class mmLicenseStatus:

mmLicenseAlreadyInitialized  =0x32      # from enum mmLicenseStatus

mmLicenseAvailable            =0xa        # from enum mmLicenseStatus

mmLicenseCheckedIn            =0x50      # from enum mmLicenseStatus

mmLicenseCheckedOut          =0x46      # from enum mmLicenseStatus

mmLicenseFailure              =0x28      # from enum mmLicenseStatus

mmLicenseNotInitialized      =0x3c      # from enum mmLicenseStatus

mmLicenseNotLicensed          =0x14      # from enum mmLicenseStatus

mmLicenseRetired              =0x5a      # from enum mmLicenseStatus

mmLicenseUnavailable          =0x1e      # from enum mmLicenseStatus

class mmLicensedProductCode:

mmLPAll                      =0x64      # from enum mmLicensedProductCode

mmLPArcFM                    =0x5        # from enum mmLicensedProductCode

mmLPArcFMViewer              =0x3        # from enum mmLicensedProductCode

mmLPDesigner                  =0x6        # from enum mmLicensedProductCode

mmLPDesignerExpress          =0xe        # from enum mmLicensedProductCode

mmLPDesignerStaker            =0xd        # from enum mmLicensedProductCode

mmLPEngine                    =0x1        # from enum mmLicensedProductCode

mmLPEngineViewer              =0x2        # from enum mmLicensedProductCode

mmLPEnterprise                =0x64      # from enum mmLicensedProductCode

mmLPError                    =0x3e8      # from enum mmLicensedProductCode

mmLPGeodatabaseManager        =0xc        # from enum mmLicensedProductCode

mmLPNone                      =0x0        # from enum mmLicensedProductCode

mmLPResponderDataServices    =0x8        # from enum mmLicensedProductCode

mmLPResponderDispatch        =0x4        # from enum mmLicensedProductCode

mmLPResponderPrediction      =0x9        # from enum mmLicensedProductCode

mmLPServer                    =0x7        # from enum mmLicensedProductCode

mmLPServerAdvanced            =0xb        # from enum mmLicensedProductCode

mmLPServerReader              =0xa        # from enum mmLicensedProductCode

class mmLicensedExtensionCode:

mmLXEngineEditor              =0x1        # from enum mmLicensedExtensionCode

mmLXInspector                =0x3        # from enum mmLicensedExtensionCode

mmLXNetworkAdapter            =0x4        # from enum mmLicensedExtensionCode

mmLXNone                      =0x0        # from enum mmLicensedExtensionCode

mmLXRedliner                  =0x2        # from enum mmLicensedExtensionCode

class mmAutoUpdaterMode:

mmAUMNotSet                  =0x0        # from enum mmAutoUpdaterMode

mmAUMArcMap                  =0x1        # from enum mmAutoUpdaterMode

mmAUMArcCatalog              =0x2        # from enum mmAutoUpdaterMode

mmAUMStandAlone              =0x4        # from enum mmAutoUpdaterMode

mmAUMNoEvents                =0x8        # from enum mmAutoUpdaterMode

mmAUMFeederManager            =0x10      # from enum mmAutoUpdaterMode

mmConflictResolution          =0x20      # from enum mmAutoUpdaterMode

mmAUMMobileImport            =0x40      # from enum mmAutoUpdaterMode

mmAUMMobileExtract            =0x80      # from enum mmAutoUpdaterMode

mmAUMPhaseSwap                =0x100      # from enum mmAutoUpdaterMode

mmAUMRemoveFromDesign        =0x200      # from enum mmAutoUpdaterMode

class mmRuntimeMode:

mmRuntimeModeUnknown          =-0x1      # from enum mmRuntimeMode

mmRuntimeModeNone            =0x0        # from enum mmRuntimeMode

mmRuntimeModeArcMap          =0x1        # from enum mmRuntimeMode

mmRuntimeModeArcCatalog      =0x2        # from enum mmRuntimeMode

mmRuntimeModeArcEngine        =0x3        # from enum mmRuntimeMode

mmRuntimeModeArcServer        =0x4        # from enum mmRuntimeMode

mmRuntimeModeEngineViewer    =0x5        # from enum mmRuntimeMode

mmRuntimeModeDesignerStaker  =0x6        # from enum mmRuntimeMode

app = None

runtime = None

au = None

def initializeArcFM(enableAU):

import win32com.client

global app, runtime, au

app = win32com.client.Dispatch('Miner.Framework.Dispatch.MMAppInitializeDispatch')

runtime = win32com.client.Dispatch('Miner.Framework.Dispatch.MMRuntimeEnvironmentDispatch')

au = win32com.client.Dispatch('Miner.Framework.Dispatch.MMAutoupdaterDispatch')

app.Initialize(mmLicensedProductCode.mmLPArcFM)

runtime.RuntimeMode = mmRuntimeMode.mmRuntimeModeArcServer

#au.AutoUpdaterMode = mmAutoUpdaterMode.mmAUMFeederManager

if enableAU==1:

#print "arcFm enabled"

au.AutoUpdaterMode = mmAutoUpdaterMode.mmAUMFeederManager

else:

print "ArcFM runtime mode", runtime.RuntimeMode

def cleanupArcFM():

global app, runtime, au

if app:

app.Shutdown

del app, au, runtime

print "ArcFM shutdown"

initializeArcFM(1)       

Stetson Weddle

Anand -

Did you see this post in Exchange:  How-To - Work with ArcFM features in Python

This may help.

Stetson