12 Replies Latest reply on Sep 1, 2016 8:53 AM by Lisa Huggins

Does 10.2.1b work with ArcGIS 10.3?

Lisa Huggins

Does 10.2.1b work with ArcGIS 10.3?

• Re: Does 10.2.1b work with ArcGIS 10.3?
          Scott Diehl

Hi Lisa,

The short answer to your question is no.  ArcFM 10.2.1x releases will require the ArcGIS 10.2.1 platform.

Please see this Exchange post for the full explanation of Schneider Electric's support for ArcGIS / ArcFM moving forward:  FAQ: Our Support for Esri's Utility and Telecom Release of ArcGIS for Desktop

Hopefully that will provide some clarity for you.  If you have any other questions, please let us know!

Thanks,

Scott

Juul Dijkstra

Lisa.

ArcFM Server 10.2.1b is supported and certified with ArcGIS Server 10.3 and 10.3.1, as well as our Object Reader at 10.2.1b.

GIS - Supported Versions - 10.2.1a - 10.2.1b ArcFM Server and 64-bit Object Reader

- Juul

Lisa Huggins

Hi, thanks for the response.  We are not running ArcFM Server.  We are using ArcFM Desktop and had hoped to upgrade ArcGIS Desktop and Server to 10.3.  This is what I am trying to figure out if we'll be able to move forward with.

Scott Diehl

Hi Lisa,

Were you able to get the answer you need?  If so, would you mind taking a second to mark that comment as the Correct Answer?

And just in case it wasn't clear... as Juul mentioned, you would be able to move up to 10.3 with ArcGIS Server, but the Desktop will need to remain at 10.2.1 in order to support ArcFM 10.2.1x releases.  There are no current plans to release ArcFM desktop solutions compatible with 10.2.2 or higher, as we are remaining on a parallel path with ESRI's recommendation that all Utilities and Telecom users upgrade to, and stay at ArcGIS 10.2.1. 

From the FAQ: Our Support for Esri's Utility and Telecom Release of ArcGIS for Desktop:

Will future versions of the ArcFM desktop products be compatible with ArcGIS for Desktop versions beyond 10.2.1?

Schneider Electric will continue to develop new functionality compatible with ArcGIS for Desktop 10.2.1. These ArcFM versions will be 10.2.1a, 10.2.1b, etc. When Schneider Electric and Esri deem there is new functionality of significant value to our customers in a version of ArcGIS for Desktop beyond 10.2.1, we will provide a compatible ArcFM Solution release and advise our customers to upgrade to that version. (emphasis mine) 

As such, at this time it is probably wisest to postpone plans for any Desktop upgrades beyond ArcGIS 10.2.1 until further notice.

Thanks,

Scott

Jason Jones

Sorry to resurrect this thread but I didn't see a need to create a new one to get an update on this question.  ArcGIS 10.3 has been out for over a year now and is now on to 10.3.1 with huge advances and changes in web/server/mobile etc... we have been ready to upgrade to start work on new applications to help our organization. Can you give us even a timeline as to when ArcFM will be compatible with the newest current version of ArcGis Desktop?   As it stands our whole entire future GIS/IT goals are dependent on ArcFM which is not sitting well with decision makers.

Thanks for your time

Jason

Scott Diehl

Hi Jason,

Glad you found this thread to add to...  And certainly we understand the importance of being able to plan for the future.  There may be a way to begin some upgrades (e.g., web/server) to begin taking advantage of the new capabilities, but I'm sure it's a tangled web as to how all of the pieces tie together.  The best source for ArcFM roadmap info is probably going to be Matthew Zimmerman, or someone he can refer you to in order to begin having those discussions to flesh out how you could best work towards (eventually... possibly in stages?) upgrading all your applications up to the latest ESRI/ArcFM versions.  I am sure there will be much more roadmap information coming out soon, with Link 2016 coming up in the first week of March (1-3).  I, however, am not 'in the know' on that particular information just yet... so let's see if anyone else is able to enlighten us in the meantime.

Thanks,

Scott

Rich Ruh

Jason,

Esri continues to recommend that utilities stay at Desktop 10.2.1, as documented here: FAQ: Our Support for Esri's Utility and Telecom Release of ArcGIS for Desktop

Both Schneider Electric and Esri recommend that utilities continue to upgrade server and runtime to the latest release (Schneider Electric can provide specifics on what releases they support for each of their products).  The latest releases of these products are certified to work in conjunction with Desktop 10.2.1.

--Rich

Matthew Zimmerman

Hi Jason,

Glad you are looking at the upgrades for web\mobile\etc; really good stuff in there.  Here's the skinny: both Esri and Schneider Electric recommend keeping the Desktop products at 10.2.1x.  In fact, our most recent release, ArcFM 10.2.1b has a ton of new functionality across the board.  That being said, you can still upgrade everything else (web, mobile, server, portal) to the very latest very.  Our ArcFM Server, Mobile and Web fully support the ArcGIS 10.3.x platform.  We can assure you that everything will keep working from a compatibility perspective  

Please let me know if you need a more detailed explanation.  I'd be happy to set up a call with myself, or a product manager like Matthew Crooks to assist you further.

Steve Williams

Regards,

Matt

Lisa Huggins

I see there is now a 10.2.1c and that it supports ArcGIS 10.4.  I am confused by this.  I thought we were all supposed to hold at 10.2.1b and ArcGIS 10.2.1