5 Replies Latest reply on May 6, 2015 3:15 PM by Scott Diehl

ArcFm Viewer

Larry Moore

Is there a way to enable users to see a hyperlink image in ArcFM Viewer?

• Re: ArcFm Viewer
          Scott Diehl

Hello Larry,

The answer to your question is yes, it is possible.  Have you attempted to do this yet?

Let me research this for you...  I will get back to you shortly.

Thanks,

Scott

Larry Moore

Good Morning Scott,

Thanks for the reply back. The mxd has been setup for the hyperlinks and it works fine in ArcFM. When the mxd is opened in ArcFM Viewer you can see the path for the hyperlink but it will not open the file. Is there a setting or dll that needs to be changed or loaded? Will it work with attachments instead of a hyperlink?

ArcFM Viewer Hyperlink.png

Thanks,

Larry

Scott Diehl

Hi Larry,

I may have jumped the gun slightly in referencing the document for Silverlight, so my apologies for that.

A couple of thoughts to follow up:

1) I see that the file path for the hyperlinked .pdf file is located on the S: drive.  Is that drive available locally on the client machine (assuming your mobile client is likely disconnected from the network)?

2) I have located another document regarding working with hyperlinks in ArcFM Viewer, although the caveat would be that it references the 10.2.1 version.  The concept for 10.1 should be similar and I think it would be worth investigating adding the Hyperlink 'lightning bolt' tool/command. 

If you want to read through it, here is a link to the document: https://infrastructurecommunity.schneider-electric.com/message/311619#311619

Here is an amended set of steps (mostly derived from the document) that I would recommend following in order to add the Hyperlink tool:

1. Open up the ArcFM Engine Administrator

2. Under the "Layouts and Licenses" Tab, go to the Commands window.

3. Find the "Add" button and click it.

4. Once the dialogue box appears, navigate to C:\Program Files(x86)\ArcGIS\Engine10.2\com\esriControls.olb.

5. On the next dialogue window, expand "Command" and about 80% down the window you should find the "ControlsMapHyperlinkTool" component.

6. Check this and click "Add"

7. You should now see the old Hyperlink lightning bolt at the very bottom of the list of tools available to ArcFM Viewer for Engine.

8. Once you launch ArcFM Viewer for Engine, add the hyperlink button to a toolbar like you would in ArcMap.  The hyperlink tool works just as it does in ArcMap.

Let us know if this is helpful, or if you run into any issues!

Thanks,

Scott