4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 15, 2015 2:40 PM by Stetson Weddle

How are analog deadbands set in the SAGE 3030M?

How are analog deadbands set in the SAGE 3030M? I could not find any setting to give ability to change those. I am using DNP serial master and then convert to 8979 serial slave. Thanks

• Re: How are analog deadbands set in the SAGE 3030M?
          Chris Kerr

Nathan,

Analog Deadbands are set by the master using the protocol for 8979.  Refer to the 8979 protocol document for a full description of the protocol.  I don't thi

The dead band value for each analog point is specified by the Master at initialization and may be changed at any time.

Deadband values range from 0 to 255. A 0 deadband forces a change report on all scans. A 255 deadband inhibits change reporting.

The intermediate values set a change threshold for reporting, as described above.

The threshold used by the RTU is equal to the downloaded deadband times sixteen.

Deadbands are set using Function Code 34

8979 deadband.png

Hope that helps. 

Thanks for your question, Nathan.  Have a great day.

• Re: How are analog deadbands set in the SAGE 3030M?
            Stetson Weddle

Hello Nathan Cundiff,

My name is Stetson Weddle.  I was going through some recent questions to see if there were any unanswered posts.  This one looks like Chris Kerr helped you find what you were looking for.  Would mind terribly clicking the Correct Answer if one of the previous posts did the trick for you?  If not, feel free to post additional info and questions so the community can answer more thoroughly.

Thank you,

Stetson Weddle