8 Replies Latest reply on Jan 5, 2015 12:14 PM by Cameron Cross

OHDA Trolley Contact Conductors

Chris Sirett

Good Day Folks

Today my question relates to Trolley Contact Conductors and custom cable types. In the OHDA configuration guide under the clearance section I see:

cableType: CableType.SpanWire, CableType.CommCable, CableType.ServiceDrop, CableType.Conductor, or CableType.TrolleyContact, depending on the cable type.

AND:

<CableRuleType name="Trolley Contact (0 - 750 Volts)" descr="Trolley and electrified railroad contact conductors and associated spans or messenger wires 0 - 750 Volts" cableType="CableType.TrolleyContact" minVoltage="0" maxVoltage="750" />

<CableRuleType name="Trolley Contact (750 - 22000 Volts)" descr="Trolley and electrified railroad contact conductors and associated spans or messenger wires 750 - 22000 Volts" cableType="CableType.TrolleyContact" minVoltage="750" maxVoltage="22000" />

I am wondering how one would go about crafting such a cable file. Can you provide an example of such.

The reason I’m asking is I need to define a custom cable type so that I can apply a different clearance specification to it. Specifically I need to add a streetlight bus to a span and subsequently apply a particular clearance specification to it. My thoughts were to use the Trolley Contact cable type if I am not able to define my own. I played around with the cable type tag in the cable xml's but so far no success.

Thanks for any feedback you can provide.

CS