5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 5, 2014 1:34 PM by tdarapaneni

How to debug GDBM action hadler code Sample

There is way described in ArcFM resource page to install GDBM Action Handler code DLL but no way discussed about How to debug GDBM action hadler Sample Code.

Sample - Geodatabase Manager: Action Handlers

I was tried many ways to debug GDBM action hadler Sample Code I was not reached at Debug point. Anyone know  about How to debug GDBM action hadler code Sample

Thanks

Srihari Darapaneni

MLGW\Signum Support GIS Team

• Re: How to debug GDBM action hadler code Sample

You'll need VS on the same machine that GDBM is running on.

Install/copy a debug version of your DLLs in a manner that GDBM can load them (either through the GAC, or by copying them to the install directory)

Launch the GDBM Admin tool

Start your service

Turn on logging

Look at the process ID of the service that just started

Attach visual studio to the "GeodatabaseManagerServices.exe" process with that process ID

Thank you very Robert, Its working, There is very small question on GDBM_PROCESS_LOG table.

What GDBM_PROCESS_LOG table will do in GDBM process?!! its always showing as empty table always. Please let me know i am missing any configuration. what this table do in GDBM posting version process.

Thanks

Srihari Darapaneni

MLGW\Signum Support GIS Team

That's something Schneider would have to answer.  I believe that there may be code that writes to that table when a version is being processed so that if there are multiple services trying to process the same version this table can be used to detect that.

James Wright

The table's purpose is to allow GDBM to run multiple reconcile services (plus a post service) simultaneously without generating conflicts as it processes through the list of versions.  It is a very dynamic table with rows being added and removed constantly while GDBM is processing versions.  However, if GDBM stops unexpectedly, then rows can remain in the table.

It functions as follows: As a service begins processing a version, it checks to see if there is a row in the table with the same version name.  If it finds such a row, this indicates the version is currently being processed by another service, so the newest process gets aborted.

In summary. Finding zero rows is not a bad thing.