5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 12, 2014 9:10 AM by Jacek Sobolewski

Cannot place annotation graphics

Joseph Hershman

This is a very serious issue.  Because there is a need to be able to copy designs the advanced redliner approach must be used to place graphics (i.e., use the annotation class instead of the mobile graphics layer).  However, this will fail with the following in the error log

2014-03-11 13:50:44,064 [1] WARN  Miner.Process.GraphicUtilities [(null)] - There was an error adding the graphic. The graphic may have been placed outside of the layer's extent.

System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80004005): Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component.

at ESRI.ArcGIS.Carto.IFDOGraphicsContainer.AddElement(IElement Element, Int32 zorder, IAnnotationFeature& newAnnotationFeature)

at Miner.Process.GraphicUtilities.AddGraphic(IFDOGraphicsContainer fdoGraphicsContainer, IElement element, String graphicName)

{log4net:HostName=W-DGISDEV03, LoggingAssemblyFileVersion=10.10.0.276}

The graphic is not being placed outside the layer extent, this is not the correct description.  I have tried using the DesignGraphics annotation class and also created a new ArcFM Annotation class.  Both fail with the same message.  If I use standard ESRI editing tools I can place annotation text with these classes