1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 23, 2015 7:53 AM by Molly Azami

How to set a Stored Display to point to a version other than DEFAULT?

Lumi Matthys

The Session Manager is setup to create sessions based on a QC version and I would like the Stored Display used by the editors to point to the QC version so they can see the data they post.

If I change the version in the List by Source tab and save the Stored Display, next time I load it, it points back to DEFAULT.

Thanks! 

• Re: How to set a Stored Display to point to a version other than DEFAULT?
          Molly Azami

By the age of this question there is a good chance you already have an answer, but I will answer here anyway for anyone that is searching this same question.

Stored Displays do not save versions, they work off the default version of the geodatabase.   The version listed in the source tab reflects the version the current user is viewing, it is not saved with the stored display.

One way to accomplish what you want is to have your editors, at first, open ArcMap, choose their stored display, change to the version they want to be using, then save as an MXD.  From then on they should launch ArcMap from that MXD and the version will be as they saved it.