1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 4, 2014 12:44 PM by brownkj

ArcMap Editing Instability with Feeder Manager Bit Twiddler Layers Present

Ed Blair

I don't have a repeatable scenario for this, but it just seems that when I have ArcFM Feeder Manager "Bit-Twiddler" layers present in a map (those layers with a definition query on the FeederInfo field that let you easily identify loops, multi-feeds, islands, etc.) that ArcMap editing is much less stable than normal.  In other words I see experience more "rapid exits" than typical.

I don't usually have the bit twiddler layers check on for display.  And usually have them present in the map along with layers for the basic conductor features with no definition query.

Has anyone else noticed this? 

Ed

• Re: ArcMap Editing Instability with Feeder Manager Bit Twiddler Layers Present

In 10.0 and Oracle I had a number of "bit-twiddler" layers in a stored display for the designers to see when they messed up connectivity, and in another stored display for me to find and fix posting errors.  When we moved to 10.1 and SQLServer I had difficulty opening these stored displays, even after recreating them, so I removed them entirely and now rely on nightly python batch scripts to report to me feederinfo errors.  I find my designers are happier not having to worry about connectivity, and I can fix the issues much more quickly than they can. Can't say I ever had ArcMap bail on me due to these layer, though.