3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 26, 2013 8:24 PM by mattd

ArcFM Server License error

Vish Apte

Hi,

I am having a little issue with setting up ArcFM Server 10.1.1 license. I have installed ArcFM Server 10.1.1 on my server and have obtained and initiated ArcFM Server license on the license server as below.

ArcFMLicense2.jpg

But when I try to use "Set ArcFM Server License Server" utility, I get error "The license server is invalid or there is no license available" error. I confirmed "Miner.LicenseManagement.LicenseService.exe" is listerning on port 29001.

ArcFMLicense1.jpgArcFMLicense3.jpg

Starting any service with ArcFM SOE enabled errors out with "Failed to check out an ArcFM Server license"

Any ideas?

• Re: ArcFM Server License error

Hi Vish,

I would look at two things.  The first, is to make sure that when you run the License Server configuration tool for ArcFM Server that you are right-clicking and selecting 'Run as administrator'.  And the second is to verify that your license is 10.1.1.  ArcFM 10.1.1 and 10.2 require new license XML.  When I have previously seen this error, it was due to ArcFM Server 10.1.1 pointing to a license server which was serving 10.1 licenses, rather than the new 10.1.1/10.2 licenses.

I hope that helps.

Vish Apte

Thanks for the reply Mathew.

I have tried both, running "Set ArcFM Server License Server" tool as an administrator and checked the license XML file is for 10.1.1. Still no success. Only thing I can think of is my license file says "ArcFM Server Advanced" and I am running ArcFM Server. I am not sure if ArcFM Server comes with "Advaned" edition.

Regards,

Vish

Hi Vish,

Good catch.  No, it doesn't.  ArcFM Server Advanced is only for older versions of ArcFM Server - the 9.3.x days.  At 10.0 and beyond, there is only a single type of ArcFM Server license: ArcFM Server Standard.  You'll need to get one of those issued and loaded up into license manager.