4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 28, 2013 11:16 AM by James Wright

Attach file to a case or inside any reply

Sylvain Valliere

When I reply to someone, I want to attach a file to give more information. It can be a PDF or Word file.

Thank you

• Re: Attach file to a case or inside any reply

Hi Sylvain,

When replying, you can click "Use advanced editor" in the upper, right-hand corner.

It will place you in a new reply window with a few more options.  One of those options is Attach in the lower, right-hand corner.  You can attach pretty much any file type.

You will then have a list of attachments at the bottom of your reply.

By the way, if the document already exists in exchange, there is no need to attach it again to your reply.  You can use the @ mention tool to simply point to the document.

Start by typing the @ symbol.  Immediately following the @ symbol, start typing the name of the document/post/username/etc.  Then click on the name you wish to include in your reply.

Here, I started typing "@welcome" and it presented me with a list of exchange items that include the word welcome.

I then clicked on the one I wanted, and it inserted this link: Welcome to exchange...Now What?

1 of 1 people found this helpful

As Andrew said, you can use @ mention to good effect for anything already on exchange.

One thing to note, however, is that if you @ mention something from your organization's private group to the general community, they will not have access to that content.  Only members of your organization's private group will be able to navigate to that link.

James Wright

Sylivain, did you find all this information helpful? If so, would you mind 'marking' Andrew's answer as correct? You can accomplish this by clicking the 'Correct Answer' button on a comment. Additionally, helpful answers can be marked as well. This information is used by our search to help others find answers more efficiently in the future.

We greatly appreciate your contributions to this community, be it questions, answers or comments and look forward to seeing you more in Exchange! 

Cheers

- James