6 Replies Latest reply on Nov 11, 2013 11:20 AM by mattd

Delete work request/design with SQL?

Jeff Schenck

One of our Designer users is unable to delete a work request/design.  Is it safe to delete these using SQL?  Are these the

tables that need to be updated?  Would I then delete the version using ArcCatalog?

• delete from process.mm_wms_work_request
        where id = 37050
      • delete from process.mm_wms_design
        where work_request_id = 37050
        • Re: Delete work request/design with SQL?
          Kevin Leben

Hi Jeff,

No, you shouldn't delete work requests or designs using SQL. There is related data in many of the other WMS tables, and the delete design or Work request task takes care of all of these, plus the version and other data in the geodatabase. What error are they getting? Is anything written to the Miner event log? If so, please attach it to a reply.

Kevin

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              Jeff Schenck

Hi, Kevin,

Thanks for your reply.   There is no error message – the “Delete” function in the Workflow pull-down menu is “grayed-out”.  I changed ownership on the work request to the arcfm user, thinking that this might give me the privileges to delete the work request, and its associated design, but still I can’t access the Delete function.

Jeff

Kevin Leben

Hi Jeff

Here is a way to set a Delete task for Admin users only.

1. Open the Process Framework Administration Tool.

2. Select the Node Types tab.

3. Select the Work Request node type from the node list.

4. Click Add Task.

5. Enter "Admin Delete" in the Task Name field.

6. Select the WMS Administrator check box in the Task Roles list.

7. Select Delete from the Available Subtasks list and click the right arrow to add it to the Selected Subtasks list.

8. Click OK.

9. Repeat steps 3 - 8, but select Design in Step 3.

What was probably happening with the other Delete is that it was checking that you were the owner before doing the delete.

Please try this and let me know how it goes. We can always transfer this to a support case if we need to look into this further.

Kevin

1 of 1 people found this helpful

Hi Jeff,

I wanted to follow-up with you on this thread and see if any of Kevin's answers above provide what you were looking for.  If so, please find the one that does and and mark it as the "Correct Answer".  If not let us know and if possible, clarify-in-advance what additional details you might be looking for.

Note that as it mentions here, only one answer can be marked the 'Correct Answer', but several answers can be marked as helpful, so feel free to mark other contribution as a 'Helpful Answer' if applicable.

Thanks!