6 Replies Latest reply on Aug 18, 2015 2:59 PM by mattd

ArcFM Replication on Enterprise Geodatabase

Hussein Nasser

Compared to ESRI replication ArcFM is much easier to configure and setup. However, up until 10.1, ArcFM Replication only works on personal geodatabase,  are there any plans to support SDE in the near future?

• Re: ArcFM Replication on Enterprise Geodatabase
          James Wright

There are no plans to support full Enterprise to Enterprise replication via ArcFM Replication. However it should be noted that ArcFM Replication supports both Personal Geodatabases and File Geodatabases.

Hi Hussein,

James' response is correct.  There are no plans for ArcFM GDB Replication to support Enterprise to Enterprise replication.  Esri Replication supports this, however, so it may be worth looking into if it's something you need.

If you could mark "Correct Answer" on James' post, I'd appreciate it.  Otherwise, if there is more clarification you're looking for, please let us know so we can take a look.

Thanks!

Brandon Keinath

Hi Matthew,

I know this is an older post so forgive me if the underlying assumptions have changed.  Am I understanding you correctly that although there are no plans for ArcFM SDE replication Esri replication handles SDE replication with ArcFM data?

Thanks,

Brandon

Hi Brandon,

Officially, I can't say whether or not Esri SDE-to-SDE replication supports custom geodatabase objects (such as ArcFM objects) - that needs to come from Esri. 

However, anecdotally, I can say that I've seen cases where it works and I've seen cases where there were problems. 

I would recommend verifying with Esri to get the final word on what they support.

Hope that helps!

Matt Denton

Brandon Keinath

Hi Matt,

I will certainly follow up with Esri as we move forward on this project.  Are there still no plans for ArcFM Geodatabase Replication to handle Enterprise (SDE) databases?  The project, if you're curious, is to create a sync'd copy of our production sde database so we can test schema changes and batch processes.  I had made an initial attempt at writing a script when I stumbled onto this thread and ones from Esri.

Thanks,

Brandon