Is there a way to perform a mass attribute update on the subtype designation for a particular group of ArcFM features?
The ArcFM Mass Attribute option can be used to simultaneously update attribute fields for multiple features of the same subtype. In situations where a change to the subtype field is required, a mass update can be accomplished via the field calculator.
Use the following steps as a guide for this task:
- Select the ArcFM features that require an update.
- Within the List By Drawing Order tab in the Table of Contents, right-click the correlating feature layer and select Open Attribute Table from the menu.
- Click the Show Selected Records button and view only the selected records within the table.
- Right-click the subtype column and access the Field Calculator.
- Use the Field Calculator to update the current subtype values (e.g., type the code that correlates with the subtype, such as 1 or 2, versus the description or text of the subtype).