ArcFM Server 10.2.1d Release Contents
ArcFM Server contains the server components used by feature services for web applications. The server components include REST extensions for traces, identify, and locate. These web services can be consumed by third party applications and provide a key component for supporting SOA business solutions.
There is no new functionality in the 10.2.1d release of ArcFM Server.
ArcFM Server 10.2.1d contains the following bug fixes:
- CLS-61937 - Set ArcFM Server License Server tool fails to recognize ArcFM Services license.
- CLS-62360 - ArcFMified objects can't be edited with ApplyEdits when annotation is turned on (DxI Assist).
- CLS-62768 - Protective Device traces failing on server through REST endpoint/Silverlight.
- CLS-63137 - Autoupdaters do not fire in response to feature edits.
- CLS-63171 - Segment Split AU does not fire when creating features from ArcGIS Server.
All upgrade information is on exchange.
Perform the following steps, in sequence, to install ArcFM Server:
- In ArcGIS Server Manager, select Site > Extensions > Add Extension.
- Find Miner.Server.soe and click the X to delete it.
- Navigate to the folder that contains the ArcFM_Server1021d.msp and double-click that file.
- Follow the instructions to complete the installation.
- In ArgGIS Server Manager, select Site > Extensions > Add Extension.
- Click Choose File and browse to the new version of the Miner.Server.soe. It is located by default in C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Server\bin. Click Add.
- Click Services. Select the ArcFM service to which you want to add the SOE.
- Select Capabilities and click the ArcFMMapServer checkbox.
- Click Save and Restart.
- Repeat step 7 for each service, as necessary.
- ArcGIS Server 10.5 & Oracle 11/12 - There are issues publishing a map service with ArcGIS Server 10.5 using an Oracle 11 or 12 database. The workaround is to grant SDE users all privileges. Apply the Esri hotfix to avoid this workaround (Esri HF-000004132)
- Autoupdaters - There are certain Autoupdaters that will not function with ArcFM Server. See the ArcFM Solution Appendix for a list of Autoupdaters that are not compatible with ArcFM Server.
- Identify - Features are returned incorrectly when you identify on a layer with an outer join and the feature does not have a related record. (Esri Bug NIM092688)
- Join Layers - Layers with joins may not work correctly with ArcFM Properties.
- Map Services - Some map services, depending on their coordinate system, may have issues with tracing and locate when a basemap in a different projection is also present.
- Oracle Connection String Issue Causing Problems Publishing - Known issue with ArcGIS Server 10.5, for which NIM085231 has been submitted: Using the Oracle database Local Naming Parameter (tnsname) in the instance parameter for a database connection causes the naming convention to revert to the old direct connection naming convention after being saved when checking the connection properties. Until Esri fixes this bug, the workaround is to re-enter the connection string as a TNS entry into the instance input box. (Esri Bug NIM085231)
- Related Data - Querying related data does not work when querying on a joined layer. (Esri Bug NIM102137)
- Special Characters - Special characters in layer names (e.g., <, *, and &), can cause unexpected behavior.
- Select by Attributes - The LIKE operator does not work in ArcMap 10.1 when querying a joined ArcFM feature class using the CONVERT (SQL Server) or TO_CHAR(Oracle) function. The operation fails when queried against the ObjectID field.
- Server-Side Printing - Server-side printing with the Text Redlines layer enabled causes the printing process to fail unless the Text Redlines layer is named TEXT.
- Plug-In Workspace - There is a limitation for any plug-in workspace that is published to ArcGIS. This affects ArcFM Feeder Manager 2 joins. This issue has been fixed only at ArcGIS for Server 10.4.1 and above. (Esri BUG-000095875, Hotfix #HF-000003729)
- Publishing .MXD's with Feeder Manager 2 - Any customers using FM2 joins that are saved within an MXD or Stored Display will need to remove and re-add the joins before publishing the MXD. Automatic joins will point to the correct FM2 workspace when the map is published and will not have this same issue.
- Help - Our context sensitive help opens two tabs in a web browser. (Esri BUG-000096609)
Schneider Electric no longer ships static help files with each software release. All ArcFM Using and Configuration guides are available in the ArcFM Solution Resource Center. The guides are updated on a regular basis. You can view this information before installing the latest release.