Please note: This tool is free to use but unsupported.
The Date Between Locator provides an easy way for users to find features with a date attribute value falling between a chosen start and end date. Unlike the Select By Attributes search, this locator tool does not require the user to be familiar with Boolean operators or date formatting.
To install the Date Between Locator
1. Extract the SE.DateBetween.zip to your Program Files (x86)\Miner and Miner\ArcFM Solution\Bin folder, so that Bin now contains a subfolder named SE.DateBetween which in turn contains all the files for this tool.
2. From Program Files (x86)\Miner and Miner\ArcFM Solution\Bin, copy RegX.exe into the SE.DateBetween folder.
3. In the Windows Start menu, search for cmd.exe.
4. In the list of results, right-click cmd.exe and choose Run as Administrator.
5. When the cmd.exe window opens, navigate in it to Program Files (x86)\Miner and Miner\ArcFM Solution\Bin\SE.DateBetween.
6. Type regx -c -r datebetweenlocator.dll and press Enter.
7. One the process is complete, type exit and press Enter to close the cmd.exe window.
To access the Date Between Locator after installation
1. Open ArcMap.
2. If you do not already have data in your map, open a Stored Display or .mxd file.
3. On the ArcFM toolbar, click the ArcFM Locator button.
4. In the ArcFM Locator window, from the Locator Tool drop-down choose SE Between Date Search.
5. From the Layer drop-down choose the layer (e.g. Meters) whose features you want to find.
6. From the Field drop-down choose the attribute whose values you want to search. Only date fields are searchable with this tool.
7. Enter the desired Start Date and End Date to limit your search results to features whose chosen attribute has a value that falls between these two dates.
8. Click Find.