In the design tree of the Design tab, the Object ID of a work location is displayed instead of the Work Location ID. Below, in the image on the left, the Object ID of 125919 is displayed instead of the Work Location ID of 1, as shown in the image on the right.
This is caused by a bug fix that may be present depending on the release or patch level of your ArcFM installation. It causes the Primary Display Field setting for the Work Location feature class to be honored instead of always using WORKLOCATIONID, even if it is set to another field. Usually the Primary Display Field has been set to OBJECTID, so this is what is displayed.
The solution is to set the Primary Display Field to WORKLOCATIONID for the Work Location feature class. Use the following steps to set it:
- Start ArcCatalog and log in to the database as a user who can configure the Work Location feature class.
- Expand the DesignerDataset.
- Right-click WorkLocation and select ArcFM Properties Manager.
- Select the Field Display tab.
- Select WORKLOCATIONID from the Primary Display Field drop-down.
- Click OK.
Now the Work Location ID will be displayed in the design tree, instead of the Object ID.