Now that I have configured an ArcFM graphics annotation layer to use when editing, are there any additional settings available to check or to specify which annotation layer is used when placing graphics?
A graphics annotation layer can be set up and included as part of an ArcFM Stored Display. Graphics that are placed during an edit session can be stored in this annotation layer. Details on the configuration of this layer can be found within ArcFM's online help at http://resources.arcfmsolution.com/10.2.1b/DesktopConfig/webframe.html#GraphicsAnnotation.html.
In cases where graphics are not stored in the intended annotation layer, the following steps can be used as an initial troubleshooting guide:
Step 1: Determine which annotation layer is set as the Active Annotation Target.
- Start an edit session.
- Within the List By Drawing Order tab in the Table of Contents, make sure that the ArcFM annotation layer is listed first.
- Open the Draw toolbar and access the Drawing menu. Verify the Active Annotation Target.
Step 2: Confirm that graphics are added to the correct annotation layer.
- Within an edit session, place several graphics on the map.
- Locate the graphics annotation layer within the List By Drawing Order tab in the Table of Contents.
- Right-click the layer and choose Open Attribute Table from the menu.
- Note that placed graphics appear as records within the attribute table.
Step 3: If using Session Manager, you may also want to check the following configuration setting (this subtask sets the active annotation target when opening an edit session):
- Within the Process Framework Administration Tool, access the Node Types tab.
- Select the Open Edit Session task and click the Properties button.
- If necessary, add the Set Active Graphics Layer subtask.
- Under Selected Subtasks, select Set Active Grahics Layer. TargetGraphicsLayerName will appear within Parameters.
- Select TargetGraphicsLayerName. Type or verify the name of the annotation graphics layer within Parameter Values, e.g., AnnotationLayer.