The ArcFM Mobile Sync Service is required if you would like to take your operational maps offline.
Please review the ArcFM Mobile for Windows Configuration Guide for system requirements before attempting to install the ArcFM Mobile Sync Service.
Installing the ArcFM Mobile Sync Service:
- Click the link at the bottom of this page to download the ArcFM Mobile Sync Service installer.
- Double-click the downloaded .msi file to begin installation.
- Click Run if the Open File - Security Warning window opens.
- Click Next.
- The install location will default to c:\inetpub\wwwroot. You can change the install location if you desire. Click Next, then click Install.
- Click Yes if the User Account Control window opens.
- Click Finish.
Upgrading the ArcFM Mobile Sync Service:
If upgrading from a previous version of the ArcFM Mobile Sync Service, follow the steps below to ensure that you do not lose any previous configuration.
- Locate the Web.config file and the ApplicationInsights.config file for the ArcFM Mobile Sync Service. By default, these are located in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\ArcFM.Mobile.SyncService. Copy both files into another location, such as your Desktop.
- Uninstall the previous version of the ArcFM Mobile Sync Service using the uninstall instructions below.
- Install the current version of the ArcFM Mobile Sync Service using the install instructions above.
- Copy any existing configuration from the <appsettings> section of your saved web.config into the newly installed web.config file. However, do not remove any new configuration settings such as that for the Monitoring Service username and password. See the ArcFM Mobile Configuration Guide for these additional configuration steps.
- Copy and paste your saved ApplicationInsights.config file into the install location of the ArcFM Mobile Sync Service. By default this is c:\inetpub\wwwroot\ArcFM.Mobile.SyncService. If asked to overwrite the existing file, click Yes.
Uninstalling the ArcFM Mobile Sync Service:
- Using Windows Control Panel > Programs and Features, select ArcFM Mobile Sync Service 1.x.
- Choose Uninstall and follow the prompts to remove ArcFM Mobile Sync Service.
For system requirements, see GIS - Supported Versions - ArcFM Mobile Services, Portal, and Tools.
Please visit the ArcFM Mobile Configuration Guide for post installation and configuration instructions.