After logging in to the Process Framework Administration Tool, the following message is displayed:
The text of the error: It is recommended that all other users disconnect from the database you wish to administer. Please make sure that is the case. Do you wish to continue editing?
This message displays based on two distinct situations. The Process Framework Administration Tool:
- Is already running elsewhere and connected to this Process Framework database.
- Was previously run and exited without removing the database lock mechanism, due to a crash or network disruption.
When the Process Framework Administration Tool starts, a row with the CONFIG_NAME of FullDBLock and CONFIG_VALUE of 1 is added to the PROCESS.MM_PX_CONFIG table. When the tool exits normally, this row is removed. When the tool starts, it checks for this row and displays the message, if it exists. If Yes is clicked to continue anyway, the CONFIG_VALUE is incremented by 1 and the row is updated with this value. The FullDBLock configuration value can be seen on the Configuration tab of Process Framework Administration Tool.
Check for other users that may be running the Process Framework Administration Tool and ask them to exit the tool. If the tool is not running elsewhere and the message still appears, the lock can be cleared with the following steps:
- Start the Process Framework Administration Tool and log in.
- Click Yes in the "Do you wish to continue editing?" dialog.
- Select File > Exit, which clears the lock.
- Start the Process Framework Administration Tool and log in. The message will no longer be displayed.