Designs will not be cleaned up by the Orphaned Versions Cleanup Tool (OVCT) until they are deleted. Reconciling and posting does not automatically set them as deleted. After posting, a work request and design will display in the Completed Work within Workflow Manager. You can then manually delete the designs for subsequent cleanup by the OVCT.
When a design is deleted, you should see a STATUS value of 4 for the design in the MM_PX_VERSIONS table. The OVCT will clean up designs marked with a STATUS value of 4.
One configuration option involves assigning a delete subtask to the Post Design Task (to avoid the step of manually deleting the designs). Designs are then set for deletion when the post task is run.
The following steps will assist you in setting designs to deleted after posting for subsequent cleanup by the OVCT:
Step 1: Using the Process Framework Administration tool, select Post Design from the Tasks list.
- Start the Process Framework Administration tool.
- Access the Node Types tab.
- Select the Design node type followed by the Post Design task.
Step 2: Within the Task Properties dialog for Post Design, assign the Delete subtask.
- Verify that the Post Design task is selected within the Node Type tab of the Process Framework Administration tool.
- Click the Properties button.
- Within the Task Properties dialog for Post Design, assign the Delete subtask. The design will now be set for deletion by the OVCT when the Post Design task is performed.