It is possible to show the enabled status of Workflow Manager tasks in Designer by configuring a Workflow Manager task and subtask. This is useful for troubleshooting cases where a task is not enabling due to configuration or permission issues. Follow these steps to configure the task:
Add a new Show Enabled Status of Tasks task to Available Tasks:
- Open the Process Framework Administration Tool.
- Select the Node Types tab.
- Select the Design row in the Node Types list.
- Click Add Task.
- Enter Show Enabled Status of Tasks for Task Name.
- Enter a description in the Task Description field.
- Set Transition / Roles to (None).
- Check the Task Roles that are allowed to execute this task.
- Check Visible in Task Tool.
- Double click on Display Tasks Enabled Status in the Available Subtasks list to move it to the Selected Subtasks list.
- Click OK.
- Select File > Save to save the changes.
To view the enabled status for tasks:
- Start ArcMap, log in and open a stored display.
- Add Available Tasks and Execute Task to a toolbar if they are not already added:
- Select Customize > Customize Mode.
- Select the Commands tab.
- Search for "Available Tasks" and drag it to a toolbar.
- Search for "Execute Task" and drag it to a toolbar.
- Click Close.
- Open Workflow Manager.
- Open a design.
- Click the Available Tasks dropdown list and select Show Enabled Status of Tasks.
- Click the Execute Task green arrow.
- In the Tasks Enabled Status dialog, click a task in the Tasks list to see its enabled status. Here is an example of the status for the Submit Design task:
Enabled Status information:
- The first line shows whether the task is enabled.
- "Task is visible" shows that "Visible in Task Tool?" is set for the task.
- "Transition "Submit Design" is enabled" indicates that a transition is set for the task, and that the user currently logged in can execute the transition. If a transition is not set for the task this line will not be shown.
- A Subtask line will be shown for each subtask set for the task and whether that subtask is enabled.