ArcFM Web puts the utility’s data – backed by the power of ArcFM – in the hands of more individuals within the organization, creating more effective decision making by more parts of the utility. ArcFM Web allows utilities to leverage quicker, more intelligible information to report and manage assets, optimize decision making, and quickly identify and solve problems.
Note: ArcFM Web replaces ArcFM for Silverlight.
Contact GIS Client Services for assistance on choosing the deployment architecture that best suits your Enterprise GIS roadmap.
This document outlines the following aspects of ArcFM Web:
|Random access memory (RAM)||1 GB||At least 2 GB|
|Hard drive (HDD)||200 MB||More than 200 MB|
|Central processing unit (CPU) clock speed||1.6 GHz||Higher than 1.6 GHz|
|CPU||x86 compatible||Intel Core Duo, Intel Pentium, Intel Xeon|
Before installing the software, you will need to download the ArcFM Web installation zip file. The compressed file includes the installer (ArcFM Web.msi) and a viewer template file (ArcFM.Web.Html5Viewer.Template.2.x.x.vte).
The ArcFM Web installer will install both ArcFM Web and Geocortex Core on your server. The installation wizard will also walk you through a post installation and configuration process.
ArcFM Web and Geocortex Core installation
- Double-click ArcFM Web.msi and follow the installation wizard.
- The final screen of the wizard has a Launch Post Installation Configuration checkbox. Make sure the checkbox is selected and click Finish.
- The Geocortex Core Setup installer begins automatically. Follow the instructions to complete the installation of Geocortex Core.
- Click Finish on the final screen.
Geocortex Essentials Post Installation
- The Geocortex Essentials Post Installation Configuration interface automatically opens after ArcFM Web and Geocortex Core installation.
- Click Next to advance through the post installation configuration options, changing or typing values as needed, until you reach the Configure Viewer Templates setting in the Geocortex Essentials Configuration section.
- On the Configure Viewer Templates setting, click Add and browse to the ArcFM.Web.Html5Viewer.Template.2.x.x.vte file you extracted from the zip file download.
- Double-click the file and select Yes to install the Management Pack.
- Click Yes to deploy the template to an IIS virtual directory.
- Accept the defaults or change values on the Deploy Template to IIS dialog and click Deploy.
- Click OK once the installer deploys the template.
- Advance through the other settings on the post installation interface. Click Finish when done.
- On the Summary page, review your changes. If satisfied, click OK. Otherwise, click Cancel to exit without applying changes.
Note: If needed, you can run the Geocortex Essentials Post Installation Configuration interface manually. The default location of the file is C:\Program Files (x86)\SchneiderElectric\ArcFM Web\Default\Post Install\Geocortex.Essentials.PostInstall.exe on a 64-bit machine.
After installation, you will need to point ArcFM Web to a map service.
Map service added to ArcFM Web site. Click image to view full size.
You will need to set an HTML5 viewer to interact with your site:
ArcFM Web viewer displaying map service. Click image to view full size.
You can use Windows Control Panel to uninstall all components of ArcFM Web:
- From Control Panel, select Programs and Features. In a typical installation, you will need to uninstall three components:
- ArcFM Web
- Geocortex Core
- Geocortex Identity Server
- Beginning with ArcFM Web, select the program and click Uninstall.
- If prompted to confirm, select Yes.
- Wait for the uninstall process to complete before you uninstall the next program.
- Repeat this process for Geocortex Core and Geocortex Identity Server.
- You will need to manually delete the Html5Viewer and Geocortex directories. The default location of these file trees is C:\inetpub\wwwroot.
- Open IIS Manager and remove the Geocortex folder and the Html5Viewer application.
- Some data files remain on the system after uninstall (e.g., log files, user data, configuration data). In a typical installation on a 64-bit system, you will find these files under C:\Program Files (x86)\SchneiderElectric\ArcFM Web\Default. You can safely delete these files if you are certain you will not need to install ArcFM Web on the same server again.
For support, visit the Schneider Electric exchange website.
The ArcFM Web help files are automatically installed on your server when you install ArcFM Web. The default help URL is
Replace ServerName with the name of the machine that hosts your web service.