The Field Display order for a new Designer CU Favorite should align with the field order defined within the ArcFM Properties Manager. When creating a CU Favorite for a new subtype, the Field Display arrangement is based on the field order contained within Esri's Feature Class Properties dialog. Use the workaround below to ensure the Field Display order for a CU Favorite aligns with the field display order within the ArcFM Properties Manager for new subtypes.
This error is reported in bug MM55746. The workaround outlined below should be used until this issue is resolved.
The steps below outline the creation of a CU Favorite via ArcCatalog. A similar workaround is also used if creating CU Favorites directly within Designer.
Step 1: In ArcCatalog, create a new subtype for an ArcFM feature class.
- Right-click on the feature class and choose Properties from the menu.
- Display the Subtypes tab.
- Add a new subtype for the feature class.
Step 2: Ensure the Field Display order is updated within a CU Favorite for the new subtype.
- Access the ArcFM Properties Manager for the feature class.
- Display the Field Display tab.
- Reorder one of the fields, apply the changes, then revert the field order back to the original setting and apply the changes.
Note: If this step is not performed, the Field Display order seen within the Create Favorite dialog for the new subtype will correlate to the order of the fields defined via the Esri Feature Class Properties dialog. To confirm the ordering, right-click on the Feature Class, choose Properties, and display the Fields tab within the Feature Class Properties dialog.
Step 3: Create the new CU Favorite.
- Access the ArcFM System Favorites Manager dialog for the database via ArcCatalog (accessible through the ArcFM Favorites menu option).
- Display the Compatible Units tab.
- Right-click on one of the System Favorite folders and Create Favorite.
- Choose the new subtype for the feature class.
For the new subtype, the Field Display order within the Create Favorite dialog will correlate with the field order defined via the ArcFM Properties Manager dialog for the feature class.