To save an existing feature with related objects as a favorite and consequently have the related objects included in the favorite, the steps below should be followed. It is important to note that simply copying the feature from the Selection tab of the Attribute Editor will not persist the related objects in the favorite.
- For each related object that you would like to have copied into the favorite, assign the SENDTOTARGETS model name to it in ArcCatalog.
- In ArcMap, select the existing feature and on the Selection tab, right-click the feature and select Send to Targets.
- View the feature with the related objects on the Targets tab.
- On the Targets tab, right-click the feature and choose Copy.
- Paste the feature in the desired Favorites category.
The favorite will now display the related objects.