Starting with ArcFM 10.1.1, it is possible to log performance data to a log file for many of the operations that occur while opening, saving and closing a design. This data can then be used by Technical Support to diagnose performance issues associated with these operations.
Follow these steps to log the data:
1. Configure logging
- In Windows Explorer, browse to the bin folder where ArcGIS is installed, usually C:\Program Files(x86)\ArcGIS\Desktop10.x\bin.
- Rename the miner.log4net.config file to miner.log4net.config.orig.
- Copy the attached miner.log4net.config to this folder.
- By default, the log file will be named Miner.log, and will be written to C:\temp. To change the file name or path, edit miner.log4net.config, search for C:\temp, change the path or file name and save the file.
2. Log the performance data
- Start ArcMap, open, save and close the design to log the performance data. (Note: It is not necessary to save the design. Open and close data will still be logged in this case.)
- Exit out of ArcMap.
3. Turn off logging
- Rename miner.log4net.config to miner.log4net.config.logging, or delete it if no further logging is necessary.
- Rename miner.log4net.config.orig to miner.log4net.config.
Usually the log file will be sent to Schneider Electric Technical Support for assessment, but it may be opened and scanned for operations with excessive times.