Versions: 10.2.1a - current
Product Availability: ArcFM with Feeder Manager 2.0
This project sample illustrates how to write an autoupdater (AU) that uses FeederInfoProvider.
In Feeder Manager 1, you could fire AUs that relied on the FeederID or FeederInfo fields after the Update Feeder ID AU. With the enhancements of Feeder Manager 2.0, this process has changed. This sample demonstrates how to create an AU that records feature updates, then waits for a stop operation event before running desired logic on features.
How to Implement:
- Open CheckPhase.sln and connect any broken references.
- Build the solution.
- Ensure the CheckPhase.dll has been built into the project's \bin\Debug folder.
- Copy the CheckPhase.dll into your ArcFM Solution\Bin directory, typically C:\Program Files (x86)\Miner and Miner\ArcFM Solution\Bin.
- Register CheckPhase.dll using the RegX.exe utility provided with ArcFM. The DLL should be registered with the /codebase or /c flag set.
- In ArcCatalog, assign the CheckPhaseSample_FeatureListener AU to the On Feature Update event (optionally to the On Create event, as well).
- In ArcMap, edit a feature with the AU you assigned in the previous step. Set the phase to an incorrect value.
- Click Update to get an error message that prevents the edit from being saved.
All of the files shown below are required for the project to build successfully.
|CheckPhase.sln||Visual Studio Solution file.|
|CheckPhase.csproj||C# project file.|
|FeatureListener.cs||Class module for the autoupdater.|
|PhaseChecker.cs||Class module that handles OnStopOperation.|