What is Orbit Mobile? Orbit Mobile is a suite of native mobile clients apps for multiple form factors including Windows 7 and iPad. Please see separate documents "Orbit Mobile Release Notes...".
What is the Orbit Portal? The Orbit Portal is a web application for management of Orbit, hosted in a Microsoft data center.
- The Orbit Portal provides administrator functionality for Orbit, including configuration of geospatial services and users.
- Additional task management functionality allows a coordinator to design, create, and assign tasks.
What are Orbit Services? Orbit Services support access control, processing, and storage of task data in a Microsoft data center.
- Orbit Services provide secure access to hosted functionality and data through REST APIs.
- The services-oriented architecture of Orbit allows integrations and customizations to leverage the same services leveraged by Orbit Mobile and Orbit Portal
What are Orbit Tools? Orbit Tools assist customers in integrating Orbit into their business processes, and can be downloaded from the Orbit Downloads space in Exchange.
- The Orbit Tools for ArcGIS allow a desktop GIS user to create and assign tasks in Orbit based on a feature selection, create Orbit history reports for a selected feature, and join map features to task results for symbolization and labeling.
- The Orbit Tools for Excel allow an analyst to import Orbit task results to Excel for creation of custom reports.
- The Orbit Tile Package Uploader assists an administrator in uploading tile packages to Orbit for use as base maps.
- The Orbit AD Sync Tool enables automatic synchronization of Active Directory user and group policies to Orbit.
Orbit Services, Portal, and Tools Release - July 3, 2014
6 bugs were fixed in the Orbit Services, Portal, and Tools in this release.
GO on production roll-out [7/3/14 Brant Fallin]
Orbit Services, Portal, and Tools Release - July 18, 2014
What's new in Orbit Services?
- The Orbit Services now indicate to clients which configured map services are offline-capable.
What's new in the Orbit Tools?
- The Orbit task window in Orbit Tools for ArcGIS has been improved, including faster load and better stability.
- The ArcMap user no longer has to authenticate to Orbit until accessing an Orbit tool.
- The Orbit Tools for Excel now support queries for current tasks and all tasks.
- The Orbit Tools for ArcGIS now support the same queries as the Orbit Tools for Excel, and allows the user to input parameters when appropriate for the queries.
10 bugs were fixed in the Orbit Services, Portal, and Tools in this release.
GO on production roll-out [7/18/14 Marwan Obeidat ]
Orbit Services and Portal Release - August 15, 2014
This release includes bug fixes and improvements to Orbit Services and Portal.
GO on production roll-out [8/15/14 Marwan Obeidat ]
Orbit Tools for ArcGIS Release - August 25, 2014
What's new in the Orbit Tools for ArcGIS?
- A new tool gives access queries of Orbit data, including some new queries such as "All Tasks", and some queries that accept user input such as date range.
- Photos and documents attached to tasks are now accessible through links when these tasks are identified in the map.
This release includes bug fixes and improvements to Orbit Tools for ArcGIS.
GO on production roll-out [8/25/14 Marwan Obeidat ]