What is Orbit Mobile?
Orbit Mobile is a suite of native mobile clients apps for multiple form factors including Windows 7 and iPad. Please see separate documents "Orbit Mobile Release Notes...".
What is the Orbit Portal?
The Orbit Portal is a web application for management of Orbit, hosted in a Microsoft data center.
- The Orbit Portal provides administrator functionality for Orbit, including configuration of geospatial services and users.
- Additional task management functionality allows a coordinator to design, create, and assign tasks.
What are Orbit Services?
Orbit Services support access control, processing, and storage of task data in a Microsoft data center.
- Orbit Services provide secure access to hosted functionality and data through REST APIs.
- The services-oriented architecture of Orbit allows integrations and customizations to leverage the same services leveraged by Orbit Mobile and Orbit Portal
What are Orbit Tools?
Orbit Tools assist customers in integrating Orbit into their business processes, and can be downloaded from the Orbit Downloads space in Exchange.
- The Orbit Tools for ArcGIS allow a GIS user to create and assign tasks in Orbit based on a feature selection, create Orbit history reports for a selected feature, and join map features to task results for symbolization and labeling.
- The Orbit Tools for Excel allow an analyst to import Orbit task results to Excel for creation of custom reports.
- The Orbit Tile Package Uploader assists an administrator in uploading tile packages to Orbit for use as base maps.
- The Orbit AD Sync Tool enables automatic synchronization of Active Directory user and group policies to Orbit.
Orbit Services, Portal, and Tools Release - January 30, 2014
What's new in the Orbit Portal?
- The Orbit Portal now has a landing page at orbit.schneider-electric.com, including essential information about Orbit for users or visitors.
- The styling for the Orbit Portal user interface has been upgraded.
- The Administration tab in the Orbit Portal has been improved to a more user-friendly "accordion" design.
What's new in Orbit Services?
- The Orbit Services have been improved for better scalability and reliability.
- The list of allowable file types for attachments to task has been refined.
20 bugs were fixed in the Orbit Services, Portal, an Tools in this release.
GO on production roll-out [1/30/14 Brant Fallin]