What is Orbit Mobile?
Orbit Mobile is a suite of native mobile clients apps for multiple form factors including Windowss 7 and iPad. Please see separate documents "Orbit Mobile Release Notes...".
What is the Orbit Portal?
The Orbit Portal is a web application for management of Orbit, hosted in a Microsoft data center.
- The Orbit Portal provides administrator functionality for Orbit, including configuration of geospatial services and users.
- Additional task management functionality allows a coordinator to design, create, and assign tasks.
What are Orbit Services?
Orbit Services support access control, processing, and storage of task data in a Microsoft data center.
- Orbit Services provide secure access to hosted functionality and data through REST APIs.
- The services-oriented architecture of Orbit allows integrations and customizations to leverage the same services leveraged by Orbit Mobile and Orbit Portal
What are Orbit Tools?
Orbit Tools assist customers in integrated Orbit into their business processes, and can be downloaded from the ArcFM Mobile Downloads space in Exchange.
- The Orbit Tools for ArcGIS allow a GIS user to create and assign tasks in Orbit based on a feature selection, and to join map features to task results for symbolization and labeling.
- The Orbit Tools for Excel allow an analyst to import Orbit task results to Excel for creation of custom reports.
- The Orbit Tile Package Uploader assists an administrator in uploading tile packages to Orbit for use as base maps.
- The Orbit AD Sync Tool enables automatic syncronization of Active Directory user and group policies to Orbit.
Orbit Services, Portal, and Tools Release - November 12, 2013
Bug fixes and refactoring. No new functionality.
GO on production roll-out [11/12/13] Kim Foster
Orbit Services, Portal, and Tools Release - October 24, 2013
What's new in Orbit Tools?
- The Orbit Tools for Excel now provide a default title for each report queried from Orbit, to help the user distinguish multiple reports in one Excel workbook.
- The Orbit Tools for ArcGIS (v1.1.0) now support query of orbit data based on the current display envelope, improving the performance of the map refresh.
- The Orbit Tools for ArcGIS (v1.1.0) now allow the user to select features in a map and generate a report in Excel of inspection history for those features.
GO on production roll-out [10/23/13 Kim Foster]
Orbit Services, Portal, and Tools Release - October 2, 2013
What's new in Orbit Services?
- As a security measure, file and photo attachments to tasks are now limited to specific common file types.
- Orbit API Documentation is now available to members of the .Orbit PAG
What's new in the Orbit Portal?
- The previous landing page for the Orbit Portal has been removed. The ArcFM Mobile space the new Orbit landing page.
- You can now set default values for properties of task types.
What's new in Orbit Tools?
- The Orbit Tools for Excel now support 4 report types and allow multiple reports to live in one spreadsheet. All reports can be refreshed based on the latest data in Orbit.
GO on production roll-out [10/2/2013 Kim Foster]