This list provides links to free tools that you may find useful. These tools are not supported by Schneider Electric technical support.
General Geodatabase Configuration and Maintenance
- Address Data Management: Simplifies common tasks for managing address data, including tools for importing and exporting addressable features and a fishbone tool that shows how point and polygon addresses relate to street centerlines.
- ArcGIS Diagrammer for 10.2: This productivity tool creates, edits, and analyzes a geodatabase schema. Contains Geodatabase Designer reporting tools.
- Domain Sort (Visual Basic): This tool allows the specified coded-value domain to be sorted.
- Domain Sort (Python): This tool allows the specified coded-value domain to be sorted.
- Domain Text to XML Converter: This tool will convert one coded value domain in text or MS Word format into an XML file that can be imported with the ArcFM XML Import tool in ArcCatalog.
- Geodatabase Diagrammer 10.x: Creates a geodatabase diagram in Visio.
- Geodatabase Toolset (scroll down on page to find downloadable .zip): Contains excellent tools used to investigate and diagnose geodatabase performance issues. Includes tools for ArcCatalog and ArcMap.
- MXDPerfStat A diagnostic tool that identifies and diagnoses MXD and stored display performance problems.
Network Configuration and Maintenance
- Feeder Manager Phase Mismatch LabelText Expression: This labeltext expressing shows Phase Designation vs. the Feeder Manager maintained FeederInfo field. Useful for finding phase errors, mismatches, and deenergized features.
- Geometric Network Configuration Manager: When it is necessary to temporarily remove a geometric network, this tool can recreate the geometric network from a backed definition file.
- Remove Feeder Joins: An Esri add-in that will remove all Feeder Manager 2.0 joins at once.
- BitGateExtractor.exe: A very helpful utility for identifying set bits in any of the many ArcFM Bitgate fields.
- Code Searcher: Search multiple files for matching text.
- Resource Hog: Slow your computer to mimic sub-optimal user environments for testing purposes.
- Memory Monitor App: Track a window's memory use while you run tests.
- Bugzilla: Free, fast, and easy to use web-based software for bug tracking.
Data Analysis Tools
(Although these tools provide additional functionality for end users, installation and implementation of these tools will likely require admin assistance.)
- Geospatial Modelling Environment: Various free tools to facilitate spatial analysis and modeling.
- Trace by Distance: Run a network trace to find the distance from a feature to its source, or run a trace that stops at the specified distance.
- SE Reports: Generate lists of features and their attributes.
- Workflow Manager Inventory Report: Create an organized CU list accompanied by design and work request properties.
- Date Between Locator: Additional ArcFM Locator to search on date fields within a date range.
- ArcFM Solution Maps and Apps: Numerous templates for sharing electric, gas, water, or telecom data with users in interactive web maps, via the ArcGIS platform.
Tools for Prior Releases
- ArcFM Advanced Labeling: ArcFM Advanced Labeling (AAL) allows you to label GIS features using related data. (Note: AAL is not recommended for releases after 10.1)
- ArcFM for Silverlight Configuration Tool: Simplifies the maintenance of relationships between map services and layer IDs and offers a simple user interface to administering the page.config file when configuring the ArcFM for Silverlight web application.
- ArcGIS Diagrammer for 10.1: This productivity tool creates, edits, and analyzes a geodatabase schema. Contains Geodatabase Designer reporting tools.
All free tools are not supported by Schneider Electric Technical Support.